𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

I land down with the four others in 2012 down the side of a building. We see a Chitauri pass down the street, scaring off civilians.

"Didn't miss that." I murmur. 

"All right." Steve says. "We all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one Stone down. Stay low, keep an eye on the clock." A loud roar is heard and we look back down the main street, Hulk from 2012 passes by, smashing absolutely everything on its way. I glance back at our present day Bruce-Hulk, of who was extremely embarrassed. "Feel free to smash a few things along the way." Rogers tells him. 

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever..." He walks away from us, pretending to smash things in a more sarcastic and purposely fake sort of way.

I sigh and turn back to the other three. "Let's hope this doesn't go too bad." 

I walk with Steve in my old suit towards the elevator. 

"So, when this is over, you thinking about coming back to the states?" He asks me.

"I have a farm... In Ukraine... And a dog..." I inform him.

"It's never too late." He shrugs, the doors of the elevator open to the H.Y.D.R.A agents and both me and Rogers get in. The doors close and there's a silence for only a moment.

"Captain, Aerus." Sitwell says. "I thought you were both coordinating search and rescue?" And I thought you were dead I think in my head.

"Change of plans." He says to him.

"Hey, Cap. Air." Rumlow says.

I fake a smile. "Hey, Rumlow." I notice the others in the elevator start to get more suspicious, their guards up.

"We just got a call from the Secretary. We're running point on the scepter." Steve says. I stay quiet.

"Sir? I don't understand." Sitwell says. 

"We got word there may be an attempt to steal it." I tell him. 

"Sorry, Air. Cap. I can't give you the scepter." Rumlow, of who was holding the case, tells me.

"I'm gonna have to call the Director." Sitwell says, taking his phone out.

"That's okay." Steve says. "Trust me." He leans over and doesn't even seem to attempt saying the two words quietly. "Hail Hydra." 

"Steve Rogers saying hail hydra? Who is he!?" I mock.

We walk around on the bridge and stop suddenly. 2012 Steve Rogers stood in front of us.

"Oh you gotta be shitting me." I hear Steve next to me say.

"Language." I mutter.

2012 Steve goes onto coms, staring at us. "I have eyes on Loki, he's in control of Aerus, too." 

"Bullshit." I scoff. Steve looks at me. "Sorry." I apologise.

He puts the case down slowly, staring at himself. "I'm not Loki. And I don't wanna hurt you." 2012 Cap runs forward, clashing his sword against Steve's I rush forward and kick him off his feet. He kicks me back and does the same for when Steve goes to attack.

"I can do this all day." He says.

"Yeah.. I know." Steve mutters, getting up he throws his shield the same time the other Steve does. I rush forward and tackle him to the ground. He pushes me off and runs over to Steve, them two begin to fight as I go for the scepter. That was up until one of them kicked it off. I look down and watch it fall down to the ground level and sigh.