𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

EPILOGUE:

SIX

MONTHS

LATER

"Come on, Fanny, time to go see Mama." I murmur quietly, the dog leaps from my lap onto the ground. Getting out the truck afterwards, we walk down the path in the forest in complete silence. This time of the year, it was always beautiful. The trees was blossoming and the sun would be up for the longest amount of time. 

I go here often. Once every two weeks. Every Friday. At 12. Not that it's a routine or anything. Or if I'm bored and have nothing going on. If I'm bored, I'll probably bring a few drinks with me and Fanny.

I'll sit down and talk to the two of them. I'll tell them about how Wanda's been, not that I've been in contact with her in the last few months. She's kinda gone missing. I'll tell them how Sam and Bucky are. They're both doing well, not been put in jail for tempted murder of each other, yet. 

Sometimes I'll come here with a book and read. Sometimes I'll come here and play my guitar with the silence of the graveyard. Fanny would lay down by the tree behind, digging around by the roots. 

NASTASHA ROMANOFF

DAUGHTER⋅ SISTER⋅ AVENGER

I walk up to the two graves and stand there for a moment before walking towards Natasha's. Little toys and flowers from fans of hers' were all over the grave. I lean down and clean it up a little, putting up one of the little bears and replacing the dying flowers with new ones I'd brought before turning to Yelena.

YELENA BELOVA

DAUGHTER⋅ SISTER⋅ WIFE

I pull out the weed that's growing out the back with my bare hand and put it in a carrier bag of trash I had. Cleaning it up, I place the bag down on the side and sit down next to it, leaning against the headstone, watching the leaves rustle in the wind. I hear digging behind me and I look over at Fanny who was digging away at the tree, again.

"What did that tree do to you, eh?" I ask, standing up. She runs over to me, jumping up for a moment before going back to the tree. "Oh, okay, you prefer the tree, over me?" I ask the dog, she glances back at me for a moment before digging at it again. I smile and shake my head in disbelief before looking back at the two graves. A silence coming over between me and them, nothing came to mind for me to say. The sudden blowing of a nose behind me takes me by surprise for a moment, but I don't know why I was.

I look over at her as she continues to blow her nose still. "Wow." She says. "Sorry." I roll my eyes and look back at the two graves in front of us. "I'm allergic to the Midwest." She informs me.

"And I'm allergic to lies." I say, turning my head slowly towards her before turning back.

"Right... it's like that today..." She says. "I mean, what these women did, honestly, I can't even imagine." 

"You weren't there to see it happen." I murmur. "I was." I turn to her and look at Val properly. "You're not meant to be here bothering me, especially on my holiday time, Valentina." I say, using the full name to bother her back. 

"Bothering you?" She asks, repeating my words. "Oh, no no. I'm just here... paying my respects." She eventually says.

"Oh, right." I say, turning back to the graves. "You know how desperate you look? Coming here?" She laughs and I laugh for a moment looking over at her before giving her a side glare. 

"Okay then..." She murmurs, getting the idea that I was pissed. "I've got your next target." She says, taking out a tablet. "Thought I'd hand-deliver it-" I whip out a knife from my pocket and hold it up against her neck.

"I've already got my target, too." I smirk. "I know your plan, Valentina. You want to bring down what's left of the Avengers? To kill Clint Barton? Why? Because he killed Natasha? Or perhaps you want rid of him." 

She gives me a confused look as she still holds the laptop. "Look, darling, I don't know what kind of drug you're on but I'm not here to tell you to kill the Hawkeye." She says, I raise an eyebrow and think for a moment.

"I'm most certainly not doing you anymore favours." I say, moving the knife back into my pocket. "Fanny, come on." I call, she looks up and I pat my thigh as the dog struts over and we begin to walk.

"What do you want? A raise?" I hear her ask me. I stop for a moment. "Trust me, you'll earn it." She says. "And to be quite honest, you're the only one who is qualified to do this." I turn slowly and see her walk towards me, the tablet still in hand.

"Get John Walker to do it." I say. "He's got the super soldier serum in him, after all." I go to walk away but she stops me.

"That's nothing against this target." She says, I narrow my eyes a little as I tilt my head. "I need someone with skill, intelligence and someone who'll get the job done." 

"So anyone but Walker?" I say.

"I thought... You'd like a shot at the girl who broke your heart." She hands out the tablet and on it is a picture of her. Wanda Maximoff. I stare down at the screen and don't say a word. "I mean, I get why you dated her, kind of a cutie." 

a/n- *in bugs bunny voice* haha that's all folks :)

so i can't write a happy ending for the life of me so yw for the depressing ending ily all thank you all for reading this as you basically just watched what happens when I get a crush on a fictional character

The next chapter is some incorrect quotes to help you sooth the pain <33