Chapter 1

Chaeyoung's POV

Melbourne city of Australia, the most liveable city in the world, a city full of arts and music. It's rich in multiculturalism, people come from all around the world who choose this city to be their home, have brought such diversity in art, music, fashion, lifestyle and cuisine here. You can find any types of cuisines in this city, from east to west, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, French, American...you name it. Last but not least, the coffee here is to die for. Being a Korean who loves art, music, food and coffee, I found myself fit right in when my family decided to move here 5 years ago.

My dad is an artist, he got a job offer to draw paintings for a famous art gallery where the owner happened to come across a few of his paintings and fell in love with his style. The offer was big cash with the temptation of making his name known to the world, my dad accepted it. So here we are, living in Melbourne city for the last 5 years, I'm not complaining though, I like it here, I like the peaceful and romantic atmosphere here. I can just walk around the city all day admiring the arts on the walls of some random lane ways. I can sit at a porch of a cafe enjoying some coffee while listening to music, or I can just sit on a bench at the park and draw random things all day and no one would bother me.

I'm now at the end of year 10 of high school, the last 5 years of my school life here was fun. I made lots of friends, I studied hard, so my rank at school is quite high. Studying hard, doesn't mean I don't play hard, I go out with my friends whenever we have a chance, do silly things, break a few harmless rules as young kids do just to have fun. I'm quite a care-free spirit.

My phone rings cut me off my thoughts

'Hey Chae!' My childhood friend Dahyun calls me from the other line.

'Hey Hyun! What's up? I miss you'  I reply.

'Miss me? What a load of bull... you didn't call or text me the last 2 weeks.'  Dahyun yells.

'I was busy with the end of the year's exams' I explain, 'but I do really miss you and Tzu. By the way, you guys should also have your year end exams there in Korea, how did you guys do?

'I'm sure I did well, not sure about this Dubu though' Tzuyu, my other childhood friend, is now talking from the other line.

'Yah, I did better than you' I heard Dahyun argues,

'Hah, you wish!' Tzuyu says.

I can totally see Tzuyu's smirking face even though I'm half the world away.

I laugh 'I'm glad both of you did well'

'Chae, when are you coming back? I want you to study with us here in this Kirin high school that Tzu and I are applying for, common we miss you and we know you also want it to' Dahyun asks,

Yep, I like it here in Australia but I love Korea, I was born and raised there, plus my best friends Dahyun and Tzuyu are there.

'Soon, I was waiting to finish my exams first before talking to my parents about it' I answer, I'm really confident about my decision.

'Yayyyy...' they squeal,

'I will let you know after I talk to my parents. I gotta get going now, it's late already' I say as I'm starting to put my things in the bag ready to go home, after a whole day of roaming around the city to release stress after the exams.

'Can't wait to hear good news from you Chae! Be careful on your way home, don't talk to strangers' Tzuyu says

I laugh 'I'm not a kid, Tzu. Also, don't forget that's I'm a fifth degree black belt in Taekwondo. Alright, bye, talk to you soon!'

'Alright, stop bragging. Bye' They both say.

I open the door to my house and instantly welcomed by the delicious smell of my mom's cooking.
'Hi mom, I'm home. Where's dad?'. I greet my mom

She turns around and gives me a warm smile 'My Chaeyoung is home, go wash up then come out for dinner, your dad will be home soon'

'Yes mom' I go straight to my room, have a shower then come out for dinner when my dad gets home. We have a nice dinner with my parents asking how my day went. I love my parents, they care for me dearly, they always make sure to have time for me, and most importantly, they understand me and have always supporting me with every of my decisions.