Chapter 2

Chaeyoung's POV

I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed after a good night sleep. I sit up and stretch my arms out to relax my body.

'Alright, you can do it Chaeyoung. Mom and dad always trust your decisions, you just have to be honest with them' I'm encouraging myself. I have decided to tell my parents over breakfast,  about me wanting to move back to Korea.

After cleaning myself up and get changed, I walked out to the kitchen to see dad is sitting at the dining table reading his newspaper while mom is cooking.

'Good morning, mom and dad' I greet.

'Good morning, my daughter' dad gives me a warm smile

'Chaeyoung ah, come sit down, breakfast will be ready in a sec' mom says while putting some eggs and bacons on a serving plate.

We are happily eating our breakfast. I glance at mom, then at dad, take a deep breath to calm my nerves then I decide to speak up:

'Mom, dad, can I finish the rest of my study in Korea?'

They stop eating, looking at each other then look at me in mild surprise.

'That is so random, I thought you like it here.' Mom says. Dad is still looking straight at me.

'I do like it here, but I miss Korea, I want to go to high school together with my friends there. Plus I can come visit grandparents more often' i reason.

'Are you sure you can look after yourself there, without us close by?' Dad finally speaks.

'Yes Dad, I'm sure.' I says confidently.

'Then it's done!' He smiles,

'What? Son Woo Bin, you don't just say yes that easily without waiting for my answer'  mom slaps his arm.

'Sorry honey, I know you trust our daughter's decision too. My contract here will end in 5 years anyway, then we can go back with her. Also, I always have a feeling that her heart stays in Korea, am I right, my daughter? Dad says,

I nodded,

'Besides, even if you don't allow her to go back to Korea, good luck trying to change her mind!' He gives mom a 'you know what I mean' look

Mom sighs ' Like father, like daughter'

'Please, mom!' I plead,

'Alright, I know I can't change your mind anyway, you are so stubborn. Just promise me that you will look after yourself well.' Mom finally gives in.

'I promise. Thanks mom, thanks dad!' I jump out of my seat and give each of them a hug and a kiss.
Dad holds mom's hand

'She will be ok, she's an independent kid'  he tells her.

She nodded ' I know, but what do you mean by you have a feeling that her heart stays in Korea? Mom asks

'I don't know, we artists have this special connection, I can just understand her in so many ways that you can't, am I right, my daughter?' 

He smiles and winks at me.

Mom just rolls her eyes at that. We all break out in laughter.

Well, that was a lot easier than I thought, I'm happily walk back to my room after breakfast.
My phone rings, Somi is calling, she's my closest friend here in Australia. We've been friends since day one when I stepped foot into school, and for 5 years straight, we stay close.

'Hey Somi, what's up?' I answer the call,

'Hey babe, are you free this afternoon?'  She asks.

Yeah, Somi calls me babe, she has told me many times that she likes me, but I always make it clear to her that I don't have the same feelings. For me, she's a close friend, that's it.

'Yeah, I'm free, wanna catch up? I actually have something to tell you' I says,

'Now I'm excited! What do you want to tell me? My God, are you finally agreeing to be my girlfriend?'  She eagerly squeals,

'No, Somi, stop that already. It's something else, I will tell you when I see you. So, the usual cafe?' I ask,

Her voice goes flat 'yeah, see you there!'

NOTE: hello, thanks to anyone who spent time to read this book. How's the story so far? Please bear with me, I promise to make it more interesting, as the matter of fact, things will be more interesting when Mina shows up ;)
Enjoy!