Chapter 9

Third person's POV

After lunch, Chaeyoung walks to her first Maths class by herself, none of her friends share this class with her. As she opens the door, all eyes are on her, among those, there are Mina, Sana and Momo.

'Great...I have to face them here...alone.' Chaeyoung sarcastically thinking to herself. She walks to an empty table and sits down, not too close to the three. She feels like she is trapped in the cat's den right now.

Not long after, the teacher comes,

'Hello everyone, I'm Bae SuJi, you can call me Mrs Bae, I will be your Maths teacher for this year. Before we start, why don't you introduce yourself one by one so everyone can get to know each other?' Mrs Bae says,

They all start to introduce themselves one by one. Then the class starts. During class, Chaeyoung would get a glare from Mina every time their eyes randomly meet. She expects it anyway.

Chaeyoung has to admit that she is impressed with Mina's Maths knowledge. Jungyeon has told her about Mina being one of the best students in this school, and this has proved it. Mina answers Mrs Bae's questions with ease, solving difficult Maths problems fast and accurately. 'She is smart, cute and obviously very gorgeous. I was right about her from the start. She is perfect!' Chaeyoung is thinking to herself.

'But wait, why am I thinking so fondly of her, while she hates my guts?' Chaeyoung scolds herself while glancing at Mina, just to get another glare from her 'Yep, she hates my guts' Chaeyoung confirms.

She rests her head on the table, not in the mood for any confrontation. She already knows everything that Mrs Bae is teaching right now anyway. She is very smart herself.

First week of school has ended without much drama, more like the calm before the storm. Chaeyoung happens to only share 3 classes with Mina. First is Maths class, Chaeyoung is with Mina, Sana and Momo, teaches by Mrs Bae SuJi. Second is Biology class, in this one, Mina is alone facing Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Tzuyu, teaches by Mrs Jung SooJung. Third is PE, all 8 of them are in this class together, teaches by Mr Lee Seung Gi.

Saturday night at Mina's house, Mina, Sana, Momo and Nayeon are hanging out in Mina's room,

'Are you sure about this war thing you declared against the three newbies?' Nayeon casually asks Mina,

'I'm sure! Didn't you see how cocky they were, especially that Son Chaeyoung. God, I can't stand her. I'm gonna make her apologies to me' Mina replies,

'Alright, your choice Mina. But don't say I didn't warn you, people always say the more you hate, the more you love' Nayeon says with a teasing tone.

'Me and that imprudent girl? Never.' Mina scoffs,

'Never says never, Mina.' Momo joins in,

'Yep, things could happen, she even said you are totally her type.' Sana says,

Mina rolls her eyes 'Not you too, Momo and Sana, I thought we are in this together'

'Yes, we are, we will help you, my dear friend' Momo and Sana says at the same time,

'Then the war will start next week, I have a plan' Mina smirks while thinking of her perfect plan.

Time skips to next week of school

Chaeyoung walks into Maths class, ignoring some squealing noises from some fangirls of her, avoiding glares from Mina, she sits down on her chair. Not long after, teacher comes, class starts.

As usual, Chaeyoung gets bored, everything that Mrs Bae is teaching, she already knew them very well. So she rests her head down on her folded arms which are on the table, closing her eyes, eventually falling asleep.

Momo and Sana who had been watching Chaeyoung, look at Mina for a signal. Mina smirks and nodded her head 'It's time!'

'Thug..' a ball of crumbled paper was thrown to the black board. Mrs Bae stops writing, turns around to look at her students for a few seconds, but decided to let go. As she turns back around to the black board,

'Thug..', another ball of crumbled paper was thrown, hitting her back. She has enough, she turns to face her students 'Who threw these paper balls?'

Everyone stays quiet, Mrs Bae scans the whole class, her eyes stop at Chaeyoung who still has her head on the table, sleeping. Mrs Bae walks towards Chaeyoung, as she stops infront of her, she can see about 5 or 6 more of those paper balls on Chaeyoung's table, right next to her hands.

'Miss Son!' She calls her, Chaeyoung is still sleeping,

'Miss Son!' She raises her voice

Chaeyoung jumps at the sudden noise, she snaps out of sleep, stands up immediately, facing her teacher 'Yes, Mrs Bae?'

'Why did you throw these paper balls at me?' Mrs Bae questions her

Chaeyoung's eyes widen 'I didn't throw paper balls at you, Mrs Bae.'

'Don't you deny it Miss Son! Evidence is right here.' Mrs Bae says while pointing at the paper balls on Chaeyoung's table

'I don't know why these are here, Mrs Bae...I didn't do...' She stops explaining as she just realised something. She looks at Mina to see Mina is smirking at her. She now knows that everything was a set up and she is made into the culprit.

'That was such a disrespectful act towards your teacher! Miss Son, you go stand outside of the classroom until the end of today's class.' Mrs Bae orders,

Chaeyoung knows that there is no help in explaining, she just follows her teacher's order, walks out and stands outside of the classroom. She looks back through the class's glass windows to see Mina is smiling in victory,

'So this is how you want to play, huh...Mina...just you wait!' Chaeyoung angrily wishpering to herself.