Chapter 1

"We're gonna miss you so much Kaylee." my brothers Zack and Tod cried while squeezing me into one of their brotherly group hugs.

"I'll miss you too, I promise I'll visit. Oh, and I'll skype you and send you birthday presents."

"Come here Kaylee" my dad hugged me. "Don't forget to write, your mother will freak out if you don't. And remember, we're coming to visit you next summer"

"I'll have the tea ready Steve." I called him Steve because he's my stepdad. My real dad walked out on us when I was 15. He cheated on my mother a few times and never gave us money. She couldn't go to work because she had to take care of the little ones. Steve is the coolest step-dad ever. He's a way better father than our real one. I guess he spoils us a little bit every now and then but in a good way. Zack and Tod love him too. Mother really loves him. It's like he's the other half she's been missing. She's more happy now, always smiling and taking time out of her day to spend with us. I guess we're a pefect little family.

"Mum please don't cry, it's not like you'll never see me again. Please don't, I don't want to be the crying freak someone has to sit next to on the plane, listening to their sob story." I held my mothers shoulders.

"Alright, but you can't forget to talk to me everyday. Let me know you're okay and all that ok? I'm gonna miss you baby girl, so so much." She held me close, clearly trying not to cry.

I don't like to cry in front of people. Much less in front of strangers.

"Flight 150 to London will be departing in 30 minutes", the announcers voice reminded us.

I gave everyone a last hug and looked at them so as to remember them.

"Well I guess I better get going, wouldn't want to miss my first flight home." I smiled sadly, picking up my purse and giving everyone another smile. Why I'm not crying yet is a miracle to me.

I slowly walked away towards the gate to the plane. I was now out the glass door in the room for passengers. The flight attendant lady took my ticket and scanned it. I guess she was new because she couldn't figure out how to turn her scanner on. I turned around one last time to see my family hugging eachother and crying. A tear slid down my face.

"Here you go Miss. Have a nice flight." I took my ticket and walked through the tunnel. I found my spot in first class. Steve's idea. He wouldn't let me buy a ticket myself and of course why not get the best of the best for his little angel. I tried putting my bag up in the compartment above the seat but being as short as I am I nearly dropped my bag and the one next to mine came crashing onto my head. The friendly old man apologized several times and put my bag up for me. After several embarrassing moments I took a seat, pulling out a piece of gum and my book. It would be another 15 minutes until take off.

"Ladies and gentlemen please get buckled up now, we will be taking off in 3 minutes. In just a minute we'll be going through some safety instructions."

Just as the flight attendant stopped talking a man about 23 years of age walked in. He was handsome, but there seemed to be an aura around him, a bit scary and dangerous if you ask me. With my luck, he took the only seat available and that was the seat right next to me. He had dark brown, almost black hair and ice blue eyes. Something I've never seen before. Maybe he had contacts. By the looks of it he was also pretty stylish, considering that he was wearing the latest fashion. Deffinitely rich, maybe even famous. I wonder why I haven't seen him in a movie or magazine before. He looks like he could be a model. A very sexy model.

He cleared his throat making me realise I've been staring. I blushed, and was about to turn away when he started talking.

"Hello, I'm Elijah." He looked right into my eyes. His british accent nearly knocking the breath out of me.

He smiled at me.

"Hi, I'm Kaylee." I stuttered through those three words more than Zack has ever stuttered in his entire life.

"Nice to meet you Kaylee. Are you visiting someone? You don't sound like you're from London." He shook my hand before asking me.

Shivers went up my back. His hands felt cold, yet at the same time sparks of electricity were shooting up my back. All too soon I had to remove my hand from his, not wanting to make things awkward.

"I'm actually moving there. I've been planning this since I was 10. It's always been a dream of mine to move to Europe after I finished high school."

"So if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

"Seventeen, turning 18 in October. I graduated early."

"We've got ourselves a smart young lady over here now haven't we?" He winked at me. "I'm twenty, by the way.", he added. "What do you do? Do you have a job in London already? Have you ever been there?" He bombarded me with questions. I was a bit shocked at how friendly he was being and how much he wanted to know about me. I guess that's what everyone is like in England.

"I'm a writer. I've been writing ever since I can remember. I guess you could say I don't reallly need a serious job because my family has quite a lot of money. My step dad actually got me a house he just told me about five minutes before we left the house this morning. No, I've never been there. " Why did I just share all that with him? I don't even know him. I just hope I'm not one of those annoying airplane people.

"Ladies and Gentemen we are now getting ready for take off. Please stay seated." The high pitched voice of the announcer sounded from above.

The plane took off and I took one last look at the place I used to call home. Soon I'd be in my new home. As we reached a higher altitude I tried to locate my ipod in my purse. Suddenly Elijah gently put his hand on my arm.

"I could show you around. I don't work either. Rich family, alot of old money. It's nice to have a friend in a new place. Besides, I wouldn't want a beautiful girl like you to get lost. We could get to know eachother a bit more."

"That's really nice of you but I wouldn't want to cause any trouble."

"No, I insist. It would be my pleasure." and here comes his smile again.

"Alright. Thank you." We leaned back in our seats. I put in my headphones and turned on Lucky Ones by Lana Del Rey. Her voice is so calming. I guess it's a bit too calming as I slowly drift off into sleep.