Chapter 14

Daniel pulled away but kept his hands on my face, still looking into my eyes.

My mind was blank. I wasn't thinking about anything. All I could do was stare into his eyes.

Butterflies were still filling my stomach as he leaned his forehead against mine.

"I really like you Kaylee. You're not like the others. You're different. I like different. There's something about you and I can't stop thinking of you. I've wanted to kiss you like that for a while now, I was just stupid and tried to make you hate me because you're with Elijah..."

That's when I remembered Elijah. All traces of happiness were now replaced by guilt and fear. How could I do this to Elijah? Why Daniel? I thought I loved Elijah.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. I don't know what came over me." he started to apologize.

Once again I didn't think but instead I grabbed his face, pulled him towards me, and kissed him.

He was startled at first but then he gave in.

We were both lost in the kiss when we heard a branch crack.

I jumped and almost hit Daniel as I clung to him, afraid of what was out there.

It was now dark and I couldn't see anything.

"Well look at who we have here. I'm sure Elijah is gonna be thrilled when he finds out about this." I heard a female voice say.

Daniel's grasp on me tightened as he tried to protect me. Who knows what this crazy girl could do?

"Vicky'" Daniel snarled. "What are you doing here? I thought I told you to get out and stay away from this place."

"I decided to stay and see what kind of mess you'd get yourself into next. I must say I was not expecting this."

"It's not like that. It's also none of your business. Leave before I have to kill you." I froze.

I was still clinging to him and he still had his arms wrapped around me. He did not just say that did he? He wouldn't actually kill someone in front of me. But then again, he almost killed me once so I shouldn't be surprised.

"That's right, he did almost kill you didn't he? If I remember correctly he almost did something even worse than that. I don't understand you humans. How can you trust someone after they do something like that?"

Daniel tensed up.

"Victoria Rose leave right now or I won't hesitate to kill you the next time I see you."

I gasp. This was not going the way I thought it would.

"Fine, but on my way I'm going to stop by Elijah's place. I'm sure he would like to know that his little girlfriend is a cheater who goes after people that almost killed her a day ago."

"He's not there!" I manage to speak up loudly.

As soon as her grin turns into the look of a killer I regret ever saying anything.

"I'll find him. Don't worry. He'll know about this soon enough."

Then, as if she had never even been here, she disappeared into the forest.

"I'm taking you home. I have to take care of something." Daniel grabs my hands and starts leading me towards the car.

"Please don't kill her. She isn't doing anything wrong. I'll just tell him myself. I would have anyways."

He stops in his tracks.

"No you wouldn't." he starts raising his voice. "What kind of non-sense is that? Are you even thinking right now? He would kill us both."

"N-no he wouldn't...I.." I try to prove him wrong but I can't.

"That's right. You can't because you know it's true. I'm sorry but I have to do this."

He puts his hands on my shoulders and I look up at him confused.

"Do what? What are you gonna do?"

"I have to make you forget this. Only for now, until I figure things out with Elijah. I'm sorry. But I-" I start shaking my head.

"No, no you won't. You can't make me forget. I won't forget." I start crying, getting frustrated.

How could he kiss me like that and tell me all those things and then just make me forget everything? He promised he wouldn't use mind control. He promised.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But I care about you too much. I don't want to do this to you."

I notice I've been crying a lot and furiously try to wipe away my tears. I thought I could trust him. How could I be so stupid?

"You can trust me. I'll come back for you. I'll let you remember, but not until I fix things first."

At this point I have to try really hard not to just fall to the floor and beg him not to make me forget.

Having no other choice, I nod and wipe away my last tear.

"Okay, promise me?"

"I promise. Now look at me Kaylee."

I do as he says and get lost in those beautiful eyes of his for one last time.

"I want you to fall asleep and when you wake up in your own bed I want you to forget everything that happened today. Forget that I came to your house and forget what I said to you after we kissed. You can even forget the color of my eyes okay?"

I nod, still not thinking clearly.

He opens the car door for me and as soon as he closes it I fall asleep.

Daniel's P.O.V.

Stupid humans. They believe absolutely everything I tell them. I had to use mind control to make her fall for me. I can't believe she loves Elijah that much. It was rather hard trying to get into her head.

I can't believe I said that to her but I have to make her believe I love her somehow. Mind control isn't enough. She's stronger than I thought. 

 If I got through to her like I planned, everything else should work itself out soon and I'd get to Elijah and finally finish what he started.

A/N: Please, did you all actually think Kaylee was in love with Daniel? I'm sorry if that made you angry but I had to do it so I could get to what's going to happen next.

I'd like to remind you that I'm not going to make a cliché story. I'm trying as hard as I can to make it different. It's my story and I can write whatever I want to. I have some really cool things planned. I do appreciate that some of you are just trying to help. I'm not the best writer.

To everyone else, MY FIRST DOUBLE UPDATE! How cool is that? I'm finally able to write every day. Once again thanks for reading and please send in questions at VanessaV28 on kik. I wanna be able to talk to all of you amazing people.

Love, Nessa xx