Chapter 16

A/N: I know you're all probably really mad at me but I just moved to Europe and it's been awful and I couldn't get myself to write. But here's the next chapter.

Kaylee's P.O.V.

I slowly shut my bedroom door and make my way over to my bed.

I fall back and just stare at the ceiling. It's what I do when I need to think. 

Why can't I remember what I did today? Wasn't Drew suppossed to hang out with me? 

I felt like something was off about this whole day but I couldn't figure it out. 

"I trusted you!" I heard Elijah yell at someone. 

I stand up and slowly open my door, trying to be as quiet as possible. 

I realize I probably failed when I hear the front door slam shut. 

What if something happened to Drew? 

I start to panic and run down the stairs as fast as I can. I quickly slip into my toms, not caring about the fact that it's pouring rain outside, and grab my jacket. 

I reach into my back pocket to see if my phone is there. I check to see that I have a full battery and quickly call Drew. He put his number in this morning, or at least I think it was this morning. After everything that has happened I'm not really sure. 

I open the garage door, but when I find it empty I remember that my car is probably still at Betty's. 

With no other option left, I decide to just run. 

"Pick up, pick up, pick up..." I keep repeating while running down the street to Drew's apartment building. 

It's a long street considering how far apart the mansions are. 

Drew doesn't pick up the first time and my heart starts beating even faster. 

After 5 minutes of running I reach the corner and turn right, trying to speed up even more. 

I dial his number again.

"Hello?" he answers after the first ring. 

'Drew, where are you? What happened today? Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay!" I stop to catch my breath.

"I'm fine, listen I don't know what happened but you're not safe right now. Where are you?" I ring his doorbell. 

"Outside your door. Op-" the door swings open and Drew pulls me inside. 

"Kaylee what on earth are you doing? Why didn't you take your car?" 

"My car is still at Betty's. I wanted to check if you're okay. I thought Daniel might have-" he interrupts me.

"Daniel didn't hurt me, but I think he might have done something to you..." Drew runs his hand through his already messy hair in frustration. 

"W-what do you mean?" I try and breathe to calm myself down but it's not really working. "What did Daniel do?"

"I don't know Kaylee, but Elijah is furious and he's probably on his way here." he sits down on the couch next to me.

I sit there in shock, not knowing what to say. 

How did I end up surrounded by a bunch of vampires trying to hurt me or the people I just met but already care about? 

Elijah's P.O.V.

I hang up the phone when I hear Kaylee try and listen in on the conversation.

Without stopping to think I leave her house, slamming the front door shut.

I don't know who I'm more mad at. Drew or Daniel, but one thing is for sure. This has to end.

I rush to my house to get the stake I have saved all these years to kill Daniel with. 

When I enter my office, I'm greeted by one very happy Vicky. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Aw Elijah, is something wrong?" she smirks.

"You have two seconds to run before I rip your head off." I threaten.

"You don't want to do that just yet, trust me." she leans on my desk. "After all, I am the only one who knows exactly what Daniel did to little miss Kaylee. You know, that one girl everybody suddenly has a thing for?" jealousy clearly evident in her voice. 

She doesn't have time to blink before I have her pushed up against the wall, almost chocking her. 

"What do you know?" 

"I was in the woods, they kissed, it was very romantic. She seemed to enjoy it qui-"  before she has time to finish I snap her neck. 

She'll be up in a few hours, but for now, I need to find Kaylee without having to worry about Vicky getting in the way. 

A/N: Sorry it's short, it's just a filler. I'm slowly trying to get back to writing. If I get 20 comments and 20 votes I'll update again tonight. 

Love, Nessa xx