Chapter 13

The first five minutes of the drive were quiet and seemed like hours. I didn't know if I should say something or not.

Daniel seems deep in thought, but then again, I'm not the best at this. For all I know he could be reading my mind right now.

"Sorry, I'm just so used to it, you know? Listening in on people's thoughts." he runs a hand through his messy hair.

I admit, he does look good. His eyes seem lighter today. They're not red like they were that time he almost...

" Please don't. Just don't think about that. I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't mean to hurt you or scare you in any way. Every time I think about that I-..." he stuggles to find the words to speak as he stops in the middle of the forest we're driving through.

I see a tear fall down his cheek and I'm not really sure what I'm doing when I reach over and put both my hands on either side of his face and slide my thumb over the tear. Seeing him cry makes me want to cry too.

I don't know how I can be so forgiving. I should hate him. I shouldn't even be here but all I can think about right now is Daniel.

"It's okay, really. What you did was wrong but I do understand why you did it. I'm not saying that's the right thing to do but everybody deserves a second chance." I barely finish speaking before he pulls me into a hug.

I'm so shocked at his sudden action that at first my arms just awkwardly stay raised on my sides, but as soon as I realize what he's doing I wrap my arms around him and hold him as close as possible.

Something about him just keeps me wanting more. I can't seem to stay away from him. These past few days, all I could think about was him. Ever since that day I saw him standing in my house all by himself, surrounded by people I didn't know.

He pulls away a little and I instantly feel empty.

"Okay, if I'm gonna show you this place we have to get there before dark or it won't be as cool." he states as he turns on the engine and keeps driving as if nothing ever happened.

I am so confused right now. What does he think he's doing? He can't just mess with my head like this.

The rest of the drive is quiet as I look out the window and continue to think about Daniel and what I'm feeling right now. We pass another small village and then another forst.

I don't know what it is with these vampires and the forest. It seems like all they do is take me here and either scare me or make me fall completely in love with them every time. I wonder if those are my own feelings or if they can control that.

"Alright, we're here, but we gotta walk there." Daniel says as he stops the car in the middle of nowhere and opens my door all in the blink of an eye. I'm still not used to the whole super speed thing. It amazes me every time.

I take his hand and he starts leading me further into the forest.

"I was wondering if maybe, while we walk, we could get to know eachother a bit better?"  I see him blush a bit.

I didn't know vampires could blush. I have now realized that vampires are nothing like the ones in books and tv shows. They seem like normal people, they can go out into the sun, they can eat pizza, and they can sleep.

"Um, sure. What do you want to know?" I feel his gaze on me as I try not to look into his eyes, knowing I wouldn't be able to look away once I did.

"Everything. I want to know everything there is to know about you. I don't care if it's the way you like your eggs in the morning or what you want to do when you're older. I just want to know you, Kaylee Jones."

I feel a shiver running down my back when he says my name and my heart starts to race. 

"Why do you never look in my eyes Kaylee?" he stops walking and stands in front of me.

I shift my gaze and look at his chest. He's about a head taller than me so that's where my eyes go first. I try not to look up at him but he puts his thumb under my chin and tries to make me look up.

"Look at me Kaylee, please?" he whispers.

It's starting to get dark and cold out so I shiver a bit but somehow force myself to look up.

"Are you afraid of me?" he asks, his smile fading.

I can see the pain in his eyes as I start to shake my head.

"N-no! I.. I just... I... um..." I'm completely lost. Whenever I look in his eyes I get nervous and my stomach is filled with butterflies. It's almost like I forget how to talk.

"Then what is it?" he questions.

Because I fall even more in love with you when you look at me like that you idiot! I think to myself as I try to come up with a good excuse.

Before I catch on to what is happening, Daniel tilts his head down and kisses me.

It's like a million fireworks go off all at once when his lips touch mine. My head starts spinning and I almost forget how to breathe. I feel my knees go weak right before he pulls away a bit, hesitating.

As soon as he does that my mind starts screaming a million things at me all at once. What about Elijah? Kaylee you're a cheater. He tried to kill you, what are you doing? Elijah isn't going to be happy about this. How can you trust him?

I start to feel dizzy as I try to control my racing thoughts.

As quickly as that happens I feel his lips press to mine again and my mind is at peace.

All that matters now is his lips on mine and the way one of his hands is pulling me closer by the waist and the other is on my cheek while he runs his thumb over my cheek bone. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. I could stay like this forever.

A/N: OKAY PLEASE DON'T HATE ME?! I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!!

On the other hand, you didn't send in any questions for Q&A.... so there won't be one today.

Also, I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ALMOST AT 200K READS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL.

But seriously, send in questions. Message me them or kik me at VanessaV28. I wanna tell you guys stuff haha.

Sorry it took this long but I just started school and it took a while to get used to. And I FINALLY GOT A LAPTOP! NO MORE TABLET THAT DELETES ALL MY STUFF! THAT MEANS MORE UPDATES!

If you're actually reading this then I love you and thanks for reading.