Chapter 17

Kaylee's P.O.V.

After Drew said that something might have happened to me I didn't panic like I thought I would. I just sat back down on his ugly brown couch, feeling numb.

"Here, drink this. It'll help you feel better." Drew walked into the tiny living room holding a cup of what seemed to be hot tea.

He handed me the cup and sat down next to me, looking at me as if he was expecting some sort of breakdown. I mean, any normal person would be in hysterics, right? What would someone really do if they were being hunted by vampires while also being in love with one or maybe two? I'm not really sure what my feelings for them are. All I know is that Drew cares a lot about my safety and acts like the best friend I never had.

When he noticed I had put my empty cup down on the table he wrapped his arm around me and let me rest my head on his shoulder.

"What's going on in that little head of yours?" he almost whispered.

What is going on?

I looked up at Drew trying to take in as much of him as I could, you know, just in case anyone dies. I'd like to at least remember them correctly.

His gorgeous green eyes look upset, maybe hiding a hint of fear. His blond hair, the color of a light lemon, is cut in just the right places, framing his face perfectly. He has nice cheekbones and a great jaw line. If I wasn't in love with someone else and everything went back to normal then he would be the type of guy I'd see at a nice little coffee shop and possibly fall for.

But nothing in my life is normal anymore.

"I'm scared." I whisper. "And confused. I don't understand why all this is happening. I'm nothing special. I'm just me. I came here because it's been my dream to move to England for as long as I can remember. I wanted to write books and meet new people and travel. I never imagined anything to be like this. I didn't think a bunch of vampires would want to hurt me." Drew sighed. "I didn't even believe vampires existed until last week. I just wanted a normal life. I didn't want to live in one of my stories I wrote when I was younger."

Tears slowly start streaming down my face. I'm weak and now I'm crying because my life isn't going as planned . Wow, way to go Kaylee, there are things in this world that are worse than some girl being chased by vampires and here you are, crying about your problems.

At times like these I wish I could just turn off my thoughts and that inner voice I have that says things that only make everything worse.

Drew doesn't say anything, instead he just holds me and lets me cry into his shirt.

After a few minutes the doorbell rings.

I decide that now would probably be a good time to go and clean up my mascara stained face.

"2nd door on the left." I nod and Drew gets up to open the door.

The apartment he lives in is pretty small and I get to the bathroom before he gets to the front door so I don't see who it is that interrupted my little crying session. 

I lock the door behind me and lean on it, sliding down with my back pressed to the door. I don't cry anymore. I just sit there and stare at the wall. It's as if everything has shut off and I'm numb. I feel nothing.

All those emotions I let out minutes before have disappeared as I sit on the cold, gray tiles.

I don't hear anyone talking so I guess it was only the mailman that rang the doorbell earlier.

After what seems like hours, I get up and look in the mirror. There are mascara stains everywhere and my eyes are red and puffy.

I splash cold water on my face and use what I hope is a clean towel.

Slowly, I make my way back to the living room which I can't see because it's around the corner.

I assume I walked into the right room when I get to the old rug that Drew has placed on the floor.

I didn't bother looking up, I didn't need to. Right now, my fluffy socks with Olaf on them were far more distracting that anything else.

"Um.. Kaylee?" Drew clears his throat as I look up.

Elijah is standing right in front of me, looking furious.

A/N: Okay so I was going to double update a few weeks ago but none of you voted until the next day and by then I was already packing to go to Berlin. I saw my favorite band, it was amazing and then pcd kicked in and I completely forgot what I wanted to write next and things have been really stressful but these next few days I'll have nothing to do anyways so I'll be writing and I might update again :)

Don't forget to comment, tell me what you think, & vote!

Nessa xx