Chapter 9

Elijah's POV

I was on my way to meet this person. I knew they wanted Kaylee, but I wouldn't let them get to her. I probably shouldn't have left her alone, but as long as the doors are locked and she's sleeping then nobody should get in. Especially not if the maid is there. The entire drive all I could think about was Kaylee and how much I just wanted to be with her. I wanted to hold her in my arms and never let her go. Always protecting her. I'd have to tell her the secret eventually, but I'm sure she'd understand. At least I hope she will. I glanced over at the stake I had taken with me. I was one hundred percent sure this could only be one of us. Most likely my brother. I know what I did was wrong, but I couldn't control it back then. I was young and stupid. I had nobody to help me.

I gazed back at the road as my thoughts went back to Kaylee. She was probably wrapped up in that really warm blanket, sleeping. I thought about the way her cheeks turned pink whenever I'd talk to her or smile. Her laugh reminded me of angels. She didn't even need to try to cheer me up. The moment I got close enough to feel her presence was enough. She made me feel alive again. I always forgot what I was around her, because when we were together it was just Elijah and Kaylee. We didn't have to pretend to be anything else. We could just be ourselves. I just want to spend the rest of my life with her.

Earlier, at around midnight, I got a message saying I should come to the woods or Kaylee would have to suffer. I did the first thing that came to mind and jumped in the car. I don't know what I'd do if she got hurt or killed because of me. I just hope I can catch this person and stop them once and for all.

After about 30 minutes of driving, I got to the woods farthest out of town. I still had about 5 minutes so I just looked around the area for a while. I got to the spot where I was suppossed to meet this person when I realized I had been set up. It was already 4:05, and I couldn't catch a scent. I was so stupid. They had probably already gotten to her. I punched the tree, snapping it in half. I would be faster if I just left the car here.

I ran as fast as I could and got to the house in about 3 minutes. I didn't even bother knocking before running to her bedroom. I froze when I noticed I was right. She was gone and the person who took her was my brother, Daniel. Once I find him I won't even hesitate before killing him. He better not lay a finger on her.

I dialed Vicky's number and she answered right when it started ringing.

"So you realized it was us huh? Took you a while." I knew she was smirking just by the way she spoke.

"Where is she?" I growled, anger surging through me.

"Oh don't worry, she's safe. We're just having a little get together. She's with Dan."

"Dan? Really? After all he's done to us you decide to work with him?"

"Took you long enough. I thought you'd never notice you were all by yourself. You totally deserve it, especially after what you did to Eliza." I cringed. So this was happening because of that thing.

"Leave Kaylee alone, she has nothing to do with this." I heard a scream in the back. It was without a doubt Kaylee's.

"Looks like the party is starting."

I threw my phone so hard it shattered into a million pieces. I didn't waste a second before running to the one place I knew they would be. The same place Eliza's life ended.

I opened the door, hearing their thoughts from a mile away. I took the stake out of my back pocket and rushed to the living room. They didn't even have time to react as I plunged the stake in each of their hearts, tearing their bodies apart. Blood was splattered everywhere as I looked around, realizing Vicky had made a run for it. I'd get her later. Right now all that mattered was Kaylee.

I regained my composure and realized her mind was screaming for help. I stormed into Daniel's room, not caring that I was covered in blood and that I'd have to explain sooner than I thought. All I cared about was her well being. I just hope he hadn't done anything stupid.

I opened the door and the first thing I saw were her clothes thrown all over the room and then her, underneath Daniel, slowly slipping into unconciousness. He looked at me, blood smeared all over his mouth.

"So nice of you to join us."

A/N: First off, I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in so long. I was in LA and the hotels had terrible wifi. Then when I got home I got sick and had a ton of absent work. When I finally decided to update, I got terrible writers block.I just couldn't think of anyhting. So I know this is short, but I finally know how to continue this and I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer. Thank you so much for reading my book. Over 40,000 reads?!!!!!!! That is amazing! I'm gonna update more often now and I've also got a pretty cool surprise. Thanks for reading and commenting and voting, keep it up.

-Lots of love,

Vanessa xx