Chapter 15

Elijah's P.O.V.

 I pulled into Kaylee's driveway. These last few hours without her were endless. I finally got everything cleared with some of Daniel's people. I just hope they convince him to leave Kaylee alone.

   As I reach the front door I stop and listen. I can hear the shower and music playing. She sings along almost better than the actual singer.

I find my spare key and decide to make some dinner for both of us as I enter the kitchen.It doesn't smell like she's already cooked something.  I'm not sure how long she'll take up there so I find the pasta and some tomato sauce.

Not more than 20 minutes later I'm done and I hear Kaylee walking down the stairs.

"Hello?" she calls out sounding scared.

"It's just me."

I use my speed and in less than a second I appear in front of her. She almost crashes into me as she gets to the bottom step.

"Elijah, you're back!" she shouts as she wraps her arms around my neck and jumps into my arms.

We kiss for a bit, almost forgetting to breathe.

I grab her thighs so I don't drop her and carry her to the kitchen, placing her on a chair.

"I also made you dinner. I figured you haven't eaten yet so I thought what could be better than my great cooking skills and some pasta?"

She giggles as she starts to blush. I could spend all day just telling her sweet nothings as I watch her face turn crimson red.

I place both our plates on the table and sit down next to her. She starts eating right away.

Kaylee's P.O.V.

As soon as Elijah puts down my plate I grab the fork and start eating. How is it even possible to be this hungry? I guess that's what happens when I skip lunch.

"So, what did you do all day?" he asks.

I stop and think, not remembering anything at all.

"Um, I just watched tv and slept." I lie.

Where did that even come from? How can't I remember what I did all day? I must be really tired.

I get up, not hungry anymore, and put my plate in the sink. I'll just clean it later.

Without saying another word I make my way upstairs.

Elijah's P.O.V.

  She just got up and went upstairs, not saying a word.

Something was definitely wrong. Why would she lie about what she did today? Unless her memory was wiped clean which isn't possible because Drew had been watching her all day, right?

I quickly make a call to Drew. He answers on the first ring but I don't give him any time to speak.

"You were supposed to watch her!"

"I-I did!"

"No, she's acting weird and can't remember what she did today. What happened when I was gone?" I raise my voice.

"I don't know. I remember watching her all day, and maybe I left for a few minutes to grab some lunch for both of us but when I came back she wouldn't unlock the door so I thought she was sleeping."

"I trusted you! Why would you do something that stupid?!" I throw my phone and punch the wall, making it crumble to pieces.

Daniel had definitely done something. I'm gonna kill him the next time he shows his face around here again.

A/N: I KNOW I KNOW I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR SO LONG but high school is actually really great and I actually started trying. We get quite a bit of homework. I was gonna upload the super long chapter next but decided to put in a quick filler chapter just to let you know I'm back again. I was sick all week and couldn't use my laptop because it really hurt my head so I wrote this in like 10 minutes, but I still have a surprise and I will post the long chapter as soon as I can. I just gotta edit it a bit more.

Once again, thanks for reading and you can still kik me or message me whenever.

Love, Nessa xx