Chapter 5

The next morning, I woke up in bed. It took my eyes a while to adjust and take in my surroundings as I remembered I was now in England, in my new bedroom. What had happened last night? All I remembered was Vicky calling a lot of people to come over for our party, the hot guy named Daniel who nearly raped me, and Elijah saving me and staying with me until I fell asleep. I had no idea where he went after that. I looked over at the clock and realized I had slept in quite a bit. Must have been the jetlag. It was now 2 in the aftenoon. Guessing I still had a few hours to go check out some stores and the town I got up and took a steaming hot shower. When I got out I wrapped myself in a towel and went over to my closet. There were so many things but I decided to go with black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and my dark blue toms. I love Toms. It wasn't raining outside so they wouldn't get wet, which was great because I didn't want to break them. My hair didn't need much work so I just brushed it once it was dry and only applied some cover up and lip balm. I grabbed a thin, white North Face sweater and my keys and wallet, not stopping in the kitchen to eat anything but deciding I would eat at Betty's. I walked to what I guessed was the garage and what do you know? There was a car just standing there. It looked brand new, like it's never been driven before. It was a white Audi R8, my dream car. I found a note taped to the drivers side door.

From Steve: Early birthday present. You're welcome.

I remembered that I hadn't called them yet. I'd have to call them tomorrow. I got in the car and pulled out of the garage, going down the long driveway. I drove past Elijah's house, not seeing any cars in his drive way. Remembering our route from yesterday I made my way to Betty's. When I got there she welcomed me with a hug. I chose a spot in the back, where I could see the entire shop. After a quick chat with Betty and ordering my breakfast I checked my phone for new messages. There weren't any, but there was a voice mail from my family saying how much they missed me and to call them soon. The coffee shop's bell rang, meaning a new customer had walked in. Just as I turn around to see who it was, I come face to face with Daniel.

"You don't mind if I sit here do you?" he takes the seat on the other side of the table without waiting for my answer.

Betty came with my breakfast and turned towards Daniel, giving him a stern look.

"Hello Betty, the usual please." he smiled up at her.

I was still a bit shocked about him just sitting here all innocently as if he never tried getting in my pants last night. Betty looked over at me, sympathy filling her eyes.

"Don't you try hurting this young lady, Daniel. She's new in town and I'm sure you're not making her feel very welcome." she walked away.

I turned toward Daniel, glaring. Of course I was really scared, but I couldn't show him that. Not here, not ever.

"How about we have some fun today? Just you, me, and the city of London." he stared straight in my eyes.

I tried looking away but it was impossible. I couldn't even think straight.

"Sure, whatever you want. " I said, winking at him. I had suddenly started flirting. What was going on with me? I couldn't stop it.

Daniel smiled, knowing I would have never said no to him. Before he had a chance to say anything else, Betty came and brought his food. We ate in silence. Every few seconds, Daniel would look up and smile at me. I'd smile back.

"Alright, let's go." he took my hand, pulling me along. I didn't even bother trying to escape. For some reason I wanted to go with him.

We got to the counter so Daniel could pay. He let go off my hand as another customer walked in.

"What do you think you're doing?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. We both turned to find Elijah glaring at Daniel.

"Taking this beautiful girl out. What's it to you?"