Epilogue

The first thing I heard was low murmuring and something beeping in the background.

I slowly pried open my eyes only to be blinded by the cabin lights of the airplane. Leave it to me to pass out before take off. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, please buckle your seat belts and turn off your electronics, we will be departing in 5 minutes." a chirpy flight attendant's voice sounded through the intercom.

Still completely confused I realized I was laying on someone's shoulder. A very good smelling someone, but nonetheless a complete stranger. This flight would be one extremely awkward one.

I slowly raised my head, and looked up at the guy I'd been leaning on. 

"Oh, you're awake. How's your head?" the man spoke and his voice sent chills down my spine. 

His eyes were a shade of blue I'd never seen on anyone else. His dark hair was almost down to his shoulders and slightly curly. 

"Are you alright?" concern flashed across his face.

I hadn't noticed I had stopped breathing until I let out a shaky breath. 

"I'm ok. What happened?" a flash of a dark figure ripping out my heart replays in my head and I shudder. That was one hell of a crazy dream I just had.

The man places a hand on my cheek and seems to be looking at my pupils. 

"You must have hit your head pretty hard with that bag of yours, Kaylee. You have got to be more careful." his hand is still on my cheek.

Something about this feels awfully familiar and at the same time really wrong. 

"I apologize, I have yet to introduce myself. I'm Elijah." he reaches out his hand and I shake it, goosebumps forming on my skin.

I smiled up at him and he smiled down at me and for a moment everything was perfect. 

Little did I know I was soon to be seduced by a vampire.