Chapter 18

Kaylee's P.O.V.

 "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never should have left you alone." Elijah's expression changes from anger to regret.

He seems really upset and for a moment I don't know what to say.

I thought he came here to yell at me but instead he's hugging me and almost crying in my shoulder.

"Um.. I can't breathe." I manage to choke out after a while.

He lets go of me, but instead of stepping back he puts both hands on either side of my face and only slightly moves his face back so he can look at me.

"I promise I'm never leaving you again. I won't let anyone hurt you. I'm so sorry Kaylee. Are you okay?" He barely stops to breathe in between sentences.

"I'm not hurt. I don't know what happened. I can't remember anything." I really want him to calm down. "I'm scared Elijah." I look down at the ground.

He lifts my chin up slowly to make me look at him.

"I promise you, I won't let anyone hurt you." He looks even more upset now. "I won't let them come near you again. I'm so sorry this happened it's all my fault. I-"  I stand on my tip toes and kiss him really quick to shut him up.

I can't stand when people talk really fast when they're upset and try to explain themselves.

'It's okay, calm down. I'm not hurt. Nothing bad happened to me. See? I'm still alive."

He nods and stops talking for a while.

I don't really know what to say. Of course I'm scared but when everyone else is freaking out and making a big deal about it then it just makes things worse.

"So are you two just gonna stand in my living room and stare at each other or will you please get out of my way so I can watch a movie?" Drew suddenly speaks up. "You can join me if ya want."

Elijah looks at me and I nod and take his hand. He pulls me down with him onto the sofa and puts an arm around me. I cuddle into his side and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Are we supposed to stare at an empty screen all night or are you actually going to turn on a movie?" Elijah glances at Drew, who's seated on the other couch looking at us. "You realize you have to put a dvd in first for the movie to start, right?"

Drew glares at him.

"I was just thinking about something." He gets up and walks over to a shelf off to the side of the tv filled with hundreds of movies.

He doesn't tell us what movie he picked.

Suddenly the opening scene of Frozen shows up on the screen.

"You can't be serious. A childrens movie? How old are you?" Elijah groans.

"It's my house. You can either watch it or leave. Your choice buddy." Drew grins and winks at me.

Before the "incident" we both had established that we really loved Disney movies and our favorite was most definitely Frozen.

Elijah sees the look we share and just groans again.

"You two are lucky you're both really important to me."

After about half an hour, I had become really tired and couldn't hold my eyes open any longer.

The last thing I remember is Elijah kissing my forehead as I drift of to sleep.

"I love you, Kaylee."

Elijah's P.O.V.

I stayed here to watch a Disney movie. A DISNEY MOVIE. I'm a vampire who watches Disney movies when I should be thinking of a way to stop my half brother and sister.

I decided not to worry about it until tomorrow. I figured she has had enough for one day and I didn't want to upset her even more.

After about half an hour, Kaylee started falling asleep so I kissed her forehead and told her I loved her.

I do.

But it seems like everything and almost everyone in this universe is against us being together. Even Drew acts strange around us.

"I'm gonna go take her to bed. You don't mind if she stays here, do you?" Drew turns and shakes his head.

"Nope, it's fine. I left the heat on anyways. She won't be cold."

I nod and slowly scoop her up in my arms and take the few steps over to the bedroom. I push the door open and gently put her down on the bed, pulling the covers up to her chin, the way she likes it. I look at her sleeping peacefully for a few seconds and then I kiss her forehead. As much as I wish I could lay down next to her, I can't. Drew and I have some things to talk about.

I head over to the kitchen where I find him eating cold pizza.

"Want a slice?" He seems nervous.

I should apologize for threatening him earlier. It's not his fault.

"I'm sorry about earlier. It wasn't your fault." he stops chewing for a second. "Besides, even if you were there, you couldn't have stopped him."

I grin and wait for his response.

"I could have taken him. I'm not as weak as you think." he whisper yells.

"Sure you could." I laugh and pat him on his back.

Even Drew gives up and laughs.

I'm about to take a bite out of my pizza when I hear Kaylee screaming at the top of her lungs.

A/N: So here it is. I know it's short and nothing extreme happens but it will in the next chapter. Sorry it took me a month to update, we just moved to the middle of nowhere and we didn't have internet and I'm not sure how long it'll work for but I will try to update as much as I can for as long as we have internet.

Don't forget to comment, vote and tell me what you think :)

I'm working on the next chapter right now.

-Nessa xx