Chapter 8

Vicky led us through a small hallway to a dark, burned kitchen. That kitchen led to a living room which surprisingly had brand new furniture. There was a tv hanging on one of the walls that wasn't too broken and a nice looking carpet by the couch. There were 5 other people already in the room, all sitting in different chairs or the floor. Three of them were guys and the other two were girls. The girls both had long dark hair and red eyes. The boys had rocker sort of hair and red eyes. I bet they were contacts, but deep inside I knew it was something way more dangerous. Vicky went to one of the guys and kissed him, sitting in his lap. He handed her a glass filled with a dark red, somewhat thick, liquid. Daniel pulled me with him to the couch that was currently unoccupied. I sat down, feeling very uncomfortable as all their eyes landed on me.

"So this must be the Kaylee we've been hearing about. To be honest, when Daniel first told us about you, we didn't think you would ever show up here with him. You just don't seem like his type, you know." the boy with the blue shirt said to me. "I'm Lucas, by the way. That's James and Robert." he pointed at the guy wearing the black shirt then the guy with the red shirt.

"Hey." they both said.

They seemed friendly.

"I'm Larissa, that's Jasmine." said the girl with the black, curly hair as she motioned to the girl with the straight hair.

All of the people in the room seemed to be couples. Larissa sat on Robert's lap, Jasmine sat with James, and Vicky sat with Lucas. Then there was me and Daniel. I tried to stay a bit further away from him, but the was still holding my hand as he moved me closer towards him.

"So what should we do first?" Vicky looked at all of us."Why don't we play spin the bottle?"

"Last time we did, you nearly ended up killing the poor guy. Besides, I think Kaylee should pick this time." James said.

They all looked at me. I didn't know what to say, so being the idiot I am I said,"I have to go to the bathroom."

I looked over at Daniel.

"I'll show you were it is." Daniel pulled me up off the couch as we walked down the dark hallway again. This house was huge. There were so many doors everywhere and the only lights were the candles that hung on the walls every few feet. No wonder this place had burned down.

We got to a door that was clearly the bathroom.

"I'll wait here." Daniel smirked. "Unless you want me to come with you."

"No, I don't need a babysitter when I go to the bathroom." I shot him a glare, knowing just what he meant when he had said that, but changing it to something else because he had been following me everywhere like I was a prisoner. He didn't need to walk me to the bathroom, I would have found my own way here, but I could have also found a way out which wouldn't have been a good thing for him. I don't know what he wants, but I can guarantee that whatever it is, I am not going to give it to him.

I just locked the door behind me, thanking whoever had installed the locks here. I turned on the faucet and stood there, scanning the room. There was no way out. I slid down against the wall, pulling my knees to my chest. I was scared and there was no way out. Elijah would never be able to find me here in the forest. I don't know what they want with me, but I know it's bad.

After letting a few quiet tears fall down my face I decided to just go out there and find out what he wanted from me. I wasn't here to play games, I had moved here to start a new life and fulfill my life long dream. I sure as hell hadn't come here to be kidnapped by some strange, mysterious guy right after I had gotten back from the best date ever.

I held the knob and took a deep breath. This is it. I opened the door and came face to face with... an empty hallway? Where was Daniel? He better not jump out from hiding and scare me. I had no idea how to get back to the living room since we had gone through some doors and quite a few hallways. I didn't even remember whether we came from the right side or the left side. I just stood there in the empty hallway, trying not to start crying again. I decided to go right since there weren't as many doors on that side. I opened one of them, finding an empty room. I opened a few more only to find a bunch of empty rooms. After about five minutes, I knew I was lost. There was only one door left and it didn't look any more promising than the others. I slowly twisted the knob and gasped. I was now standing in a fully furnished bedroom. It was all fixed up with no burned floors or walls. The floor was covered with a dark red carpet. The walls were black. There was a big bed in the middle of the room and twinkly lights on the ceiling. But what shocked me most was that it smelled just like Daniel. It didn't look like someone lived here, it looked more like someone came here to do other things. If I thought about it, Daniel did seem like the type to kidnap girls and bring them here.