Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of rain the next day. I turned around to find the bed empty. Suddenly I realized I was still in Elijah's cabin. Then I remembered what happened yesterday and the scary thunderstorm that had made us stay here. The heater was still on so I decided to stay in bed for a bit longer. Considering that heat makes me fall asleep I soon went back to sleep. I woke up to someone pushing the hair out of my face. I opened my eyes and found myself face to face with Elijah. He smiled that smile of his that I had only seen on those pictures.

"Good morning beautiful." he kissed my forehead.

"Hey" I whispered back, not being able to talk because of how nervous I had suddenly gotten. Elijah just had that effect on me. Whenever he smiled my heart skipped beats and my knees went weak.

"I think we can leave soon. I made breakfast. I hope you like scrambled eggs and orange juice."

"Thanks. I do." he got off the bed and reached out his hand for me to hold. It seems like he's always finding some way for us to hold hands. I don't mind though. The only problem is that I don't even know what we are. I mean I'd totally date him, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me in that way. He's just being nice to the new neighbour. A little bit too nice, but I don't mind. He's sweet and handsome.

We sat down at the kitchen table. The food was already set out on plates. We ate in silence, both of us too tired to say anything. I managed to get a glimpse at the clock in the hallway and realized it was only 7 in the morning. When we finished I helped Elijah clean up a bit. At first he protested saying I didn't need to be doing the dishes, but I always win so I ended up helping.

"We should go home now. I'm sure you have things to do. Your family must be worried." I realized I hadn't called them yet. If we got home by 12 I would still be able to call them.

"I'll just go get dressed." I went back to the bedroom and grabbed my clothes from the day before, deciding that there's no other way out.

When I got downstairs Elijah was already standing at the door. He had his hands in his pockets and he was leaning up against the door frame. He smiled at me as I walked closer, his blue eyes twinkling. He opened the door and led me to the car. Then he opened that door as well.

A few hours later we were pulling into my driveway. I fell asleep before we even got to the first house in the village we had to drive through. Elijah woke me up by whispering into my ear and tucking a few strands of my hair back.

"We're home. time to wake up, sleeping beauty." It took me a few seconds to realize that we had already stopped in front of my house. Once again Elijah got out of the car and opened the door for me. He walked me all the way to my front door. I turned to face him.

"Thanks, for yesterday, and driving me home."

"Anytime." I was about to turn away when Elijah grabbed ny hand and spun me back around. "Wait. I...I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me tonight. I figured since we haven't really been on an official date yet you'd like to go." he started blushing.

What had just happened. A few hours ago I had thought he didn't like me that way and now this? I couldn't say no to him. Especially after he had saved me, twice.

"Of course I'll go with you." I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as Elijah's smile grew.

"I'll pick you up at 8." he quickly kisssed my forehead and ran to his car in excitement. "I have to take care of a few things first. Don't keep me waiting."

I waved as he drove away. Then I went inside and collapsed on my bed. How had this happened. I had barely been here for 3 days and I already had a date. A date with the most sexy neighbour ever. I looked at the clock and realized I still had time to call my parents before getting ready. Still in yesterdays clothes I made my way to the kitchen phone by the very comfortable chair. I dialed the number and waited as the call got placed. After just one ring my mother picked up.