Chapter 3

---Elijah's POV---

I guess the rain couldn't wait until we got to the car, because as soon as the first few drops fell it started pouring rain, but I was too preoccupied to notice. Instead I took a hold of Kaylee's other hand and spun her around to face me. I pulled her closer, looking into her gorgeous blue eyes. She smiled, blushing a deep red color. I held her lower back with one hand as my other hand lightly touched her cheek, slowly moving closer to her. She closed her eyes, fully aware of what was coming. I leaned in a bit more as I tilted my head and planted my lips on hers. I was being ever so careful, trying really hard not to lose control. Her lips were soft and warm. Her hands were snaked around my neck, fingers entwined in my hair. She had no idea what her touch was doing to me, it was driving me crazy. The kiss was soft yet filled with love. It wasn't long before I asked for entrance. I know we just met, but love is love. I couldn't stop myself. She let me in and I slid my tongue in carefully, so as not to get my fangs to appear. I was slowly losing control as our kiss got more heated. We stood there for a while, snogging in the pouring rain. I knew she was getting cold, so I kissed her one last time and pulled away.

"Let's get you home, you'll get sick if we stay here any longer."

She only nodded to my words as I took her hand in mine. That was the best thing I've ever felt. It was like a rush of emotions all waiting to burst out into the open.

---Kaylee's POV---

I felt a drop of rain land on my cheek and I giggled. I'm not sure why, but I was just so happy. Suddenly Elijah grabbed my other hand and carefully spun me around to face him. He pulled me closer with one arm while his other hand was placed on my cheek. I closed my eyes and put my arms around his neck right when his lips touched mine. They were soft and gentle. My knees were getting weak, my stomach exploding. It was pouring rain now. He slid his tongue over my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I granted it to him. His tongue slowly made its way into my mouth. Things were getting pretty intense and I just couldn't hold in the shiver. It was both from the cold and the electric current that was shooting through my body as our kiss got more heated. I felt things slow down and he placed one last kiss on my lips before leaning his forehead on mine.

"Let's get you home, you'll get sick if we stay here any longer." he took my hand again. I could only manage a nod, afraid I'd go speechless.

That was the best kiss I've ever had. Sure, people who just met a few hours ago don't usually kiss right away, but this was different. I couldn't explain it.

We walked hand in hand towards the car. Me, being the stupid person I am, only had a sweater with her. It was thin and soaked by the time we exited the park. As we got to the car Elijah opened the trunk and got out a blanket. He opened the door for me and wrapped me in it first before picking me up and putting me down in the seat. He walked around the front and got in himself, turning on the engine and the heat. I had given him my new adress earlier so he knew where to go, turns out I lived in the house next to him. What I didn't know is how big the lot I now owned was and just how much my "house" cost Steve. By the looks of it, it was somewhere around 4 million american dollars. It was huge!

"Whoa, what the-" I stopped, not able to get another word out. I was in shock. Why did he have to spend all this money on me?

"Seems like you didn't know about this did you?"he chuckles, raising an eyebrow. "It's impressive. Definitely better than mine."

I looked over at the other lot which was a bit far if you ask me. Well what do you know, it's huge compared to his. How am I ever gonna have enough furniture for this place? I'd have to talk to Steve and Mum in the morning. I couldn't accept this.

"I...I don't know what to say. I did not see this coming at all." I looked at the house in awe as we pulled up in the round driveway, right in front of the big double doors.