Chapter 11

"Come on, it's not that bad. Try it." Elijah tried not to laugh as he tried to get me to open my mouth so he could feed me a spoon of another one of Betty's special meals.

This has been going on for quite some time now. I thought the green stuff was disgusting and I would not eat it.

Betty stood at the kitchen door laughing.

"She's not gonna eat it, look at the way she tries not to look at all the green" Betty coughed a few times.

"Just eat it, you need to eat. I'm not gonna take you out if your stomach is grumbling all night." he stuck out his tongue at me.

This entire scene was starting to be quite funny. Half the restaurant was looking at us.

"You wouldn't!" I try to act mad but fail as he pushes the spoon into my mouth and laugh, nearly spitting it all out. That would have been embarassing.

"Well... do you like it?" Elijah questions.

I sit still for a second, debating whether I should pretend to hate it so as not to prove that Elijah was right. It was actually really good.

"It was okay" I nod and quickly take a sip of water as I try to avoid making eye contact with him.

"Don't lie to me, I heard you just now. I'm always right by the way." He winks as he continues to eat.

I stare at him for a second, not knowing how to react.

"What are you waiting for? Keep eating, one spoon isn't gonna keep your stomach quiet."

"I thought you said you wouldn't read my mind unless I wanted you to."

"I didn't exactly say that. I said I try not to most of the time but it's quite funny actually. You think about the funniest things." he continues to shove another spoonfull into his mouth.

I just look at him, dumbfounded.

"Oh and don't eat with your mouth open. It's not really something I wanna see while enjoying this heavenly meal."

I just keep eating. He was gonna drive me crazy someday.

When we finished eating Betty came and took our plates.

"It's on the house today. You kids have a good day and don't get into any more trouble."

Elijah takes my hand in his and fireworks go off in my stomach. I don't think I'll ever get used to this.

He smiles, knowing what I was thinking right now and probably experiencing the same thing.

"You'd think that by now, I'd be used to it." he kisses my forehead as he opens the car door for me.

We had picked up my car earlier and because I didn't know where we were going I let Elijah drive.

He started the car and took my hand in his.

"So are you gonna tell me where we're going?" I look at him.

His smile was just perfect. Those dimples could make anyone go crazy.

"You'll see love." he grins and turns back to the road.

A/N: I bet you all thought I left you, but I wouldn't do that. I love you all too much and this is like my baby so I wouldn't even think about that. Thanks for all the nice comments and voting and reading, It means a lot. I'm sorry I was gone for so long. This is just a filler chapter because I felt like I should add something short and cute before anything super dramatic happens. Be ready :D