Chapter 19

Qian Wei’s body stiffened as her eyes roamed down her arm. Unexpectedly, her hand was clasped around Lu Xun’s white and clean hand. Her eyes slowly moved up along those hands until they reached Lu Xun’s face, which was locked in an icy mask.

“Lu Xun! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean what I said just now. ” Qian Wei hurriedly let go of Lu Xun’s hand. She almost wanted to kneel down and burst into tears. “You might now know, but my family favors sons over daughters. Qian Chuan always lives like a king while I have to do all sorts of dirty work like a maid. Every day I am scolded and beaten, and my life is inferior to the lives of those pigs and dogs down in hell. In order to survive, I have no choice but to kiss Qian Chuan’s ass. I dare not say that he is not the best in the world in front of him. In truth, I always thought that you were the best deep in my heart, but, unfortunately, reality makes it impossible for me to stand by my beliefs. I can only struggle to survive. Since childhood, I have learned to read people’s faces and lie with my eyes open, saying what they want to hear.” Qian Wei made a sad expression, “But of course, what I said just now was a lie. How could Qian Chuan compare with your position in my heart? As I said before, you are my idol! Besides, Qian Chuan doesn’t have your figure at all. Can he compare to your toned waist and firm butt? It’s impossible just thinking about it. While touching it just now I was really doubting in my heart: Ha ha, it can’t be him…”

Qian Chuan, she was sorry! But he would just have to take the blame first!

Because she was so nervous, Qian Wei just randomly said many things in a panic. But after speaking, she realized she had touched a taboo topic. Wasn’t she just giving Lu Xun a reminder that she was groping at his waist so much just now? When Qian Wei thought of what she had just said her face turned red and her embarrassment began to rise. How could she say something like that? Fortunately, this was 2009, and the law did not yet have a crime on the books relating to the molestation of men! For the first time, Qian Wei was grateful that the development of China’s legal system had not kept pace with the times.

“Hundreds of times better?” Lu Xun smiled when he said this, and his expression seemed very friendly, but seeing it just made Qian Wei feel even more nervous. She began to tremble. Lu Xun was the type of man who, the calmer his face was outside, the angrier he was inside.

“I thought you were Qian Chuan!” Qian Wei said, “Even if he died, how could he be hundreds of times better then you?! With your knowledge, talent, and appearance, how could he be hundreds of times better? It’s more like you are thousands of times better than him! I mean, after all, many industries will look at a person’s comprehensive quality when making an evaluation. Everyone can see that you are far ahead of him in all aspects!”

“Qian Wei, are you making a fool of me?” Lu Xun continued to smile. “Didn’t you just say I have kidney deficiency? How could I have kidney deficiency? As students of law, the most important thing for us to pay attention to is logic. So Qian Wei, why don’t you explain your logic to me?”

Qian Wei wanted to cry but had no tears. You really shouldn’t offend anyone who studied law, but especially not Lu Xun who was the uncontested legal king last semester. Even in the difficult course where the average score of the whole class was 64%, and where Qian Wei sucked up to the teacher day and night for a month before the exam trying to pass, Lu Xun had got full marks easily.

“How could you have kidney deficiency?! I believe that for you even seven times in a single night is not a dream!”

“Should I thank you for your confidence in me?”

Qian Wei smiled: “How could that be! It is my great honor to express my trust in you!” She turned her head, looked around, and tried to change the subject. “Hey, where are all the others? In fact, I was going to help you break up Qian Chuan and Mo Zixin, but unexpectedly, I mistook you for Qian Chuan.” At that point, Qian Wei could not help stamping her feet in a rage. “It’s really unfair. Lu Xun, we have to work harder next time!”