Chapter 27

Lu Xun was an excellent swimmer and he quickly saved two more girls. Qian Wei realized that she had really misjudged him. Not only was he not overwhelmed by his fear of death, he was actually much braver than anyone else. But it was a great pity, Mo Zixin, who Lu Xun needed to rescue the most, had already been saved by someone else while Lu Xun was busy saving Qian Wei. So now no matter how many people Lu Xun saved, he would not have any chance to play the hero for Mo Zixin.

“Qian Wei, are you all right?”

Qian Wei looked up and noticed that a drenched Qian Chuan and Liu Shiyun were both standing in front of her.

Qian Chuan sounded a little nervous and he patted at Qian Wei’s arm as if to check that she was really all right. When he found that she was fine, he relaxed: “It’s good that you’re okay.” After checking Qian Wei, he walked over to Mo Zixin and asked her if she was okay. After that, he turned and jumped back into the water to continue to save people.

Now that Liu Shiyun was safe her mood had stabilized. She squeezed Qian Wei’s arm and gave her a wink. Then she said, “Look over there. Mo Zixin seems very lonely.”

Qian Wei’s eyes were fixed on Qian Chuan and Lu Xun, who were still in the water, because she was afraid that something might happen, so her reply was absent-minded, “What?”

“Just now, because of me, Qian Chuan could not save her at all. And then, Lu Xun was very close to her but he didn’t save her, instead, he went to save you.” Liu Shiyun sounded a little puzzled. “But doesn’t Lu Xun like her? What’s going on? Even though Qian Chuan lost the opportunity to play the hero saving the beauty, at least after he came ashore he went and asked about Mo Zixin’s situation. But what about Lu Xun? I saw that as soon as he came ashore, he turned around to continue saving people, he didn’t even give Mo Zixin a glance.”

“Maybe Lu Xun was just too eager to save more people, so he jumped back into the water before he had time to think about Mo Zixin.”

Liu Shiyun touched her chin: “That Lu Xun is just too unenlightened in romance. Or could it be that he doesn’t like Mo Zixin? Maybe he likes you?”

“Mo Zixin’s grade is here.” Qian Wei raised a hand over the top of her head, “While my grade is here.” She lowered her hand down to the soles of her feet. “Do you think Lu Xun is blind?”

Although Qian Wei said that, in her heart, a rare little thought bubbled up: Maybe Lu Xun suddenly realized that she was actually very good… but… No. That should be wrong, ah~, if Lu Xun could learn to appreciate her character, why did they work together for so many years during her previous life but he never had anything to say? Not to mention, he probably really did like Mo Zixin. After all, Qian Wei had witnessed the dismal scene where he confessed his love but was rejected by Mo Zixin.

People like Lu Xun were really too outstanding. Because they were so excellent Qian Wei always felt as if there was a great distance between people like her and people like them. So for a person like Lu Xun, she only dared to look at him from a distance and never dared to get close. That’s why when she had the thought: ‘The overbearing Lu Xun might be falling in love with me’, it created a strange feeling like she was breaking the law or committing a crime.

While she was thinking, Qian Wei secretly glanced over at Mo Zixin. The other woman was sitting on the ground and looked a bit like a beautiful mermaid, her long hair hung wetly on her body but that did little to diminish her beauty. Probably because she was frightened, her face looked a little pale, and Liu Shiyun was right, her black eyes, which usually shone with life and radiance, were now like two dusty jewels, filled with gloom and loss. When Qian Wei looked over Mo Zixin also happened to look at Qian Wei. Their eyes met and she stared at Qian Wei with eyes that were filled with something unclear.