Chapter 86

Qian Wei woke up with a slight headache. She opened her eyes and immediately noticed that the room she was in was obviously not a room in her home. She looked around and found that the place was lit with only a single dim floor lamp, which created a dark and ambiguous atmosphere. Qian Wei reached down and touched the bed under her body and found that it was one of those oversized beds particular to high class rooms in hotels the world over, soft and luxurious, but at the same time somehow impersonal in its uniformity with all other high-end hotel beds. From that touch, she realized that she should probably be in a very high-end hotel room or suite. With that thought in mind, Qian Wei worriedly reached down and touched her clothes to check, but she breathed a sigh of relief when she found that they were still perfectly intact. However, at the same time her wariness was shooting through the roof at this whole strange situation. She really didn't have much of an impression of what had happened after she had gotten drunk and she could only vaguely remember a very realistic but somehow wonderful dream. Besides that though, her memory was just a blur of incoherent fragments.

She was a bit annoyed that she had gotten herself so drunk. She was well aware that she was a light drinker and that she should definitely not have been so cavalier about her drinks. If she had managed to meet up with Qian Chuan then he would definitely have taken her home, but since she was waking up in a hotel room, didn't that mean that she had found her way into the hands of someone with 'malicious intentions'?

Just as that worrying thought was crossing her mind, she suddenly heard the sound of a key card being swiped, and the handle at the door of the room began to move.

It was all over now, the pervert was back! The probably rich pervert!

Qian Wei quickly became extremely vigilant and hurriedly armed herself with a particularly thick and heavy-looking pillow before using the dim lighting to hide herself against one of the walls not visible from the door to the room.

Sure enough, while she was moving, the pervert had already stepped into the room, and now he had turned away to close the door behind him, leaving with his back exposed to Qian Wei. Looking at him, Qian Wei could only vaguely make out that he seemed to be a tall and well-proportioned man.

Qian Wei was already panicked, so she didn't stop to think any further before hefting the pillow in her arms and smashing it down on the back of the man's head. Then, taking advantage of the moment while the man was reeling with confusion, Qian Wei threw the pillow away and bolted for the still open door.

However, it seemed that her escape plan was just wishful thinking because, as soon as her hand touched the doorframe, she felt her other arm being caught and pulled back by the man. Qian Wei was still off balance from her ill-conceived escape attempt, so she stumbled and fell into the man's arms.

"Qian Wei, it's me."

Even as she heard that familiar low voice, her nose was filled with a cold and woody scent, which she recognized as a familiar men's cologne. Exposed to these easily recognizable sensations, Qian Wei's taut nerves relaxed in an instant.

"Lu Xun." Fortunately, the dim light concealed the blush that suddenly crept onto Qian Wei's face. She didn't know why, but just by being alone with him like this and smelling his scent, she could feel her heart begin to beat faster.

So, in order to cover up her embarrassment, she asked, "Why am I here? What happened last night?" Qian Wei couldn't remember if the matter of her slandering Lu Xun in front of his parents had been exposed, but she decided to preempt things just in case, "Actually, I drank too much last night and now I can't even remember what happened. So let me say, no matter what it was, my behavior while I was drunk was definitely not according to my intentions, so don't have any misunderstandings!"