Chapter nine

9. WHILE I HOLD YOU TIGHT

 WHILE I HOLD YOU TIGHT

"Sienna!"

"Yeah?"

"We can't just kidnap her." Enzo pointed as he rubbed his hand down his face out of tiredness,  Freya had decided to stay back from this adventure with Olivia and Kai in Mystic Falls to babysit over them so that meant he had to babysit Sienna.

"And why not?" The brunette retorted, folding her arms over her chest as she awaited an answer from the vampire.

Enzo sputtered for a moment, trying to come up with a excuse that he knew she'd agree with - there was none - so heaving a sigh he just gestured his hand to the girl they were talking about and in return received a pleased smile.

Sienna silently walked over to the fifteen year old who was sitting by herself and took a seat next to her. Turning around to face her with a kind smile.

"Hi I'm Sienna." The older brunette introduced herself and the younger girl looked up from her reading with timid and confused eyes.

"I'm Davina."  The younger girl muttered back, her voice laced with uncertainty and Sienna couldn't help but frown.

"You okay hun you looked a little upset?" Sienna asked, titling her head to the side as she surveyed the younger girl. She didn't at all resemble Davina from the originals (personality wise) that Davina was vengeful were as this one was shy and uncertain of herself.

"Yeah I'm fine." The girl practically whispered out, looking over to the group of obnoxiously giggling girls who were unashamedly looking over at Davina as they whispered to each other.

Sienna narrowed her eyes at them angrily, standing up from the bench at the park in New Orleans. Bullying was one of the things she despised the most.

"Hey you airheads why don't you shut your overly glossed lips before I come over there and make you." Sienna snapped at them loudly so they could hear.

The girls stopped and looked at the obviously slightly older woman - some with wide eyes and others with mocking unimpressed faces but Enzo could hear their rapid heartbeats from across the park where he stood.

"Come on then." One of the girls shrugged with a smug expression, clearly assuming that the older brunette wouldn't go anything.

Sienna raised one eyebrow and was tempted to say 'honey i just suffocated and burnt a man not hours ago I'm not afraid of some fifteen year old chav' but knew she couldn't say that.

So instead she shrugged and began walking towards them, all the teenagers eyes going wide expect for the one smug girl who tried to keep up with her unbothered and cocky facade.

Enzo, however, quickly intervened. Wrapping his arms around Sienna's waist and lifting her up, dragging her away from the kids as she hit him slightly in protest. "You can't abuse kids."

"Why not?" Sienna shot back in annoyance, wanting nothing more than to smack that smug now laughing girl in the face before she got an idea. She smirked, titling her head to side and the beverages they'd all been drinking spilled all over them - all on their clothes and on then as well. The girls screaming dramatically loud.

Enzo sighed once again, setting Sienna back down next to the teen who was no looking at both of them with impossibly wide eyes.

"You're a witch?" Davina asked, her tone not all that surprised. She was actually one of the most powerfully progressing witches in her coven but everyone overlooked her talent and she didn't have the confidence to be vocal about it. Her mother had seen her impressive talent when they were at home, but instead of the praise one would expect from a mother - she only pushed and pushed her daughter harder to work more.

"I am." Sienna nodded with a smile that she hoped put the girl at ease but she was new to the whole actually trying to make someone be comfortable around her - "So are you."

"I am." Davina nodded back, her lips picking up into a slight smile as she stared at the older woman. No one had ever been this nice to her, stopped her bullies and humiliated them, not even her mother when she found out she was getting bullied.

"Come on." Sienna suddenly stood up again as she spoke, gently grasping the younger witch's hand in her own, "Let's go get ice cream or pizza or just whatever you want."

Davina blinked up at her, slowly easing out her tense muscles as a larger smile broke onto her face. As weird as it sounded this woman whom she had only just met made her feel more at peace and comfortable than anybody else who was currently in her life. She had been genuinely kind and was continuing to do so without wanting anything in return.

"Pizza?"

"You got it, cutie."