Chapter thirty three

33. YOU BELONG WITH ME

Sienna pondered if this was what it was like to have a healthy, loving, stable family as she sat at the large table in their dining room, conversations and laughter floating around the spacious area

Sienna pondered if this was what it was like to have a healthy, loving, stable family as she sat at the large table in their dining room, conversations and laughter floating around the spacious area. A smile twitched at her lips as she surveyed the scene, this is certainly not how she imagined to be spending her life.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Elijah inquired interestedly as he sat, calmly, in the seat next to his mate. As his beloved mate and her best friend, Olivia, had been preparing the food, his brothers and himself were relentlessly arguing about the seating plan.

It had gotten to the point where Niklaus was emitting animal-like growls, though that was normal behaviour, Elijah was preparing to take off his suit to brawl his siblings, Kol was snarling at anyone one anything, including the cutlery and Finn was making rude gestures that he'd recently learnt, courtesy of a certain siphoner, at all of his brothers.

In the end, Elijah had promptly claimed his right to sit next to his mate with the argument she'd be most comfortable to sit by him after knowing him the longest, it was a low blow and he recognised that but the desire to be in close proximity to his mate outweighed his ability to care about such things. On her other side was Finn, after proposing his argument of being in his coffin for nine hundred years and being the oldest out of the four of them— though Kai would amusedly argue the gestures were the main reason for his triumph.

"Just a penny?" Sienna gasped sarcastically, diverting her eyes to the suited man next to her, a teasing sheen to her gaze. "Is that all I'm worth to you?"

"You're worth everything to me." Elijah supplied honestly, the words slipping out of her lips before he could backtrack. "Whatever payment necessary for me to hear your thoughts, I will give."

Sienna smiled at him genuinely, a warm feeling in her chest at the honesty in his infatuated gaze and instead of trying to guard herself away, shield herself from any feelings, she embraced them.

"No payment necessary, I'll tell you for free because I'm so nice." She jokingly flipped her hair over her shoulder, "I'm just thinking that I don't think I've been this happy in a long while."

"It's all my doing, isn't it darling?" Kol poked his head out from around Elijah's shoulder with a charming smile, impatient to converse with his met, and when their eyes met his undead heart stuttered in his chest.

"Absolutely." Sienna nodded her head enthusiastically, a smile stretching at her lips uncontrollably. "You've made me the happiest girl in the world, pretty boy."

"Just Kol?" Finn teased and Siennas eyes flickered to him again, he was leant back in his chair but his eyes were pinned onto her and a swirl of butterflies erupted in her stomach at the look in his eyes.

"Hmm what do you think?" Sienna swivelled her position slightly to meet his eyes head on, trying to regain control as she kept eye contact with him, her ring clad fingers tapping the tune of a song on the thigh.