Chapter fifteen

15. ONLY YOU MY GIRL

This is not how Klaus Mikaelson thought he would be spending his Friday night

He'd envisioned perhaps going to one of the bars or restaurants close to where he had taken up residence in a hotel in Gordes, a town in France. But no! Here he was, making his way toward a local amusement park in Mystic Falls, Virginia because of a letter sent by a Sienna.

The sweet scent of chocolates and cotton candy wafted itself toward the original as he leans against one of her pillars— where he was meant to meet this Sienna person. And he felt a scowl etch at his features as he tuned into the giggling which belonged to happy children around the amusement park. Screams of delight rung throughout the scented, cool nighttime breeze as multitudes of people hopped onto rides : It was certainly a chaotic scene and while Klaus normally enjoyed chaos he could not bring himself to relax, tension practically moulded into his very being.

"So glad you could make it." Klaus finally snapped out of his tense and irritated trance at the sound of a smooth, silky voice which sent a shiver down his spine. His eyes adjusted to the sight of a brunette making his way toward him, her lips twisted into a smirk which provoked butterflies to swarm in his stomach— that was a first. Her eyes were staring directly at him and the moment blue met hazel, he was a goner. His senses internally screaming at him, giving him all the information he needed to know this girl standing in front of his was his mate. The person he'd been looking for since his rocky transition into the creature he was today. And as the information processed, a wave of peace wrapped itself around the original and Klaus took a silent moment to bask in the tranquility that he had never experienced so genuinely before.

"Are you okay..?" Sienna trailed off mildly awkward. This was not what she had expected. She'd thought there'd be threats upon threats thrown and maybe even a physical altercation. She certainly didn't think he would merely stare at her in what she could decipher as an awed silence. Her eyes narrowed slightly in thought, obviously she knew she was attractive (not narcissistically so, it was just a fact) but klaus didn't seem to the type to be generally awed by anyone, he made connections over time.

"Of course I am love." Klaus quickly collected himself with his trademark smirk which made both men and women around the world swoon. However underneath his facade of casualness he was jumping up and down for excitement mentally. He had finally found his mate and he wasn't about to let her go, ever again. As possessive as it sounded he already needed her and she'd only uttered nine words to him. He was so incredibly screwed.

"Perfect." Sienna smiled simply and Klaus felt like he was in heaven at the sight of her beautiful smile, he tried to remember every bit of it. The specific curl of her plush pink lips, her adorable smile lines which complimented her face immensely and the soft curve of her dimples in her cheeks which were flushed from the cold air around them. He had just found the love of his life and his muse all in one, score.

"Why don't we discuss my letter?"

• • •

Sienna let a characteristically angelic laugh slip past her lips as she leaned more into the side of the Ferris wheel, her arms wrapped around the body sized plush teddy toy which Klaus had won for her— on one of the amusement park games. And he surprisingly did so without complaint, almost trailing behind her like a lost and hopelessly puppy. It was cute, she thought.

"So you wanted to make a deal?" Klaus brought up inquisitively, leaning back into his seat opposite her. Taking the time to run his eyes over all of her perfect features and for once enjoying the rush of genuine emotion that ran through him at the sight of her, his mate.

"Yeah." Sienna breathed out softly, having almost forgot about the deal she should've been proposing with the amount of fun she'd had. "I already explained it in my letter, which is why you're here so what do you say, darling? Yay or nay?"

Klaus didn't even need time to think about it. As soon as he had lost himself in her warm hazel eyes, he knew he'd agree to anything she asked. Hell, he'd kill everyone else on the entire planet for her : all she needed to do was ask.

"Sounds like a plan, love." Klaus agreed with a small smirk, though he took a small amount of seconds to actually speak up because he was lost in thoughts about how fucking whipped he already was for her. Not that he was complaining or anything.

Sienna let her eyes glide over him in curiosity. She was clearly missing something. And while she prided herself on being great at manipulating people not even she should be able to get the big bad klaus mikaelson to agree that rapidly and with a underlying eagerness, I mean the man was literally known for his unfathomably large amount of paranoia. Something wasn't adding up. And she was determined to find out what.

"Perfect." Sienna smiled cheekily at him, hiding her suspicion. "Say, do you need a place to stay?"

Klaus perked up almost instantly. Sort of reminding Sienna of a dog.. oh a dog would be nice, perhaps she could get one as a pet, her thoughts trailed off.

Meanwhile, Klaus was practically buzzing with excitement at the prospect of what he thought his mate was about to ask —if he lived with her he'd see her every single day and that was literally a dream come true.

"That would be appreciated." Siennas head snapped back toward him as his accented voice broke her train of thought. She almost forgot he was here.

"You can come live with me if you want? Though beware there are other people living with me also."