Chapter thirty

30. I BET ON LOSING DOGS

An expertly designed blank look was plastered onto Sienna's enthralling features, her expression betraying nothing of her true emotions as an explanation was provided for her regarding Kol's prior

An expertly designed blank look was plastered onto Sienna's enthralling features, her expression betraying nothing of her true emotions as an explanation was provided for her regarding Kol's prior... utterance.

"So, we're like magically linked?" Sienna casually rose a brow to Elijah, who had obviously been the one to begin an in depth explanation about the soulmate situation.

"..Yes." Elijah replied hesitantly, his expression delicately weaved with reluctance at the simplicity and nonchalance of her wording. The soulmate bond was so much more than a mere magical link.

"But it's not just that," Kol enthusiastically interjected with a delightedly dazed expression, "The soulmate bond is as intense as it is enjoyable. It means eternal happiness, a fulfilled sense of love and belonging, never feeling the cold of being on your lonesome as your soulmate is always with you, whether that be in person or in your very soul. And you're right darling, it is certainly magical."

Sienna blinked at the wildest Mikaelson's heartwarming words, feeling her heart pick up anxiously at the thought of being bound to someone forever without any say in the matter.

"You don't have to worry, love." Klaus interjected upon hearing her anxious heartbeat, rubbing her arm comfortingly for a moment and the feel of his touch, of his cold rings against her skin oddly made warmth spread throughout her. "If you decide you wish to not involve yourself in our lives, we will respect your decision without hesitation."

Meanwhile, Rebekah was staring at Olivia with an affectionate expression. Taking the moment to her advantage as she ran her eyes eagerly over the angelic features of her own soulmate. Butterflies fluttering contently in the pit of her stomach as the vaguely masculine scent of Olivia's perfume rolled off her enticingly, goosebumps erupting over her porcelain skin. Rebekah watched Olivia fiddle with the various rings decorating her fingers and she was almost hypnotised by the expertly elegant movements of her hands.

And then she looked up, ocean blue met warm brown in a soft gaze, and a smile simultaneously pulled at both of their lips.

With rosy cheeks, Rebekah looked down and picked at her flapper dress, her confident personality dimming down to that of a timid school girl.

As their moment dissolved, another moment fizzled— Sienna peered emotionlessly at Klaus and he felt his nerves rise, hesitantly pulling his hand away from her arm and feeling his cheeks turn pink at the intensity of the prolonged eye contact.

Sienna's lips twitched at that, and as the cold flew over her skin yet again without Klaus' warm hand there as a guard, she couldn't put off the strain of disappointment which filled her.