.XII.

I sat at in the kitchen thinking. Looking out at the beautiful California views silently. I had a lot on my mind after the past few days.

A new level of respect formed for the team, but more questions formed in my head. They follow her without question and to find out the reason she kidnapped that prince was to save women. Who would have known a ruler like him would be part of kidnapping rings.

I shook the thought away. I didn't truly care to let him take up space in my thoughts. That space belonged to her.

I wanted to ask so much.

"Goodmorning." Eva and Anna walked in. Anna leaned against the counter with Eva wrapping her arms around her from behind. She placed a light kiss on her neck before resting her head on her shoulder.

"You're up early." She looked at me reading the energy I was giving off.

"I have so many questions for her."

"B?" I nodded. It was assumed by everyone that I was always talking about her.

"She'll answer them with time. Go talk to her today." Anna told me and I nodded getting up. I froze before I completely exited the room.

"So are you two...?"

"Together." We all nodded in unison and I smiled. Soft spot, huh.

I made my way to Blaze's room thinking of how to even start a conversation like this. I know I didn't like thinking about the redroom, but I just know Nat was worse about talking to people about Dreykov than I was. So if Blaze is like Nat this is not going to be an easy conversation.

"Hey, can we talk?" I stuck my head in Blaze's room as she placed a book into her desk drawer and turned around. "Of course, come in."

"I'm not sure how to approach this if I'm honest."

"What's wrong?" She sat at the end of her bed and looked at me with a look of soft concern.

"I'm going to ask you things that I need to know and you have to answer these please."

"Oh..." She looked at me shocked as she lightly pat the spot next to her. "Please sit then."

"Why do you never talk about being a widow?"

"I'm not exactly a widow...I was one of Dreykov's special projects. Dreykov was convinced for awhile that the widows weren't enough. He wanted a super version of them. He tried to recreate the serum that was used on the Winter Soldier, Captain America, and Red Gaurdian."

She went silent shaking her hands and placing her face in them. I wanted to be sympathetic, but at the moment I wanted answers more than anything.

"He tested it on me. I trained with Natasha before she left. His project failed...atleast he thought. The only reason I escaped the red room is because he had me killed and dumped me. Dreykov was too dumb to wait, because it partly did work. The serum changed me into a super soldier in different ways."

"That explains how you escaped..."

"It explains a lot more than that. I didn't go after Dreykov because I was afraid he would pull me all back into it after finding out I was alive. I was afraid that he was going to use the type of brain control they used on you on me..."

I shook my head so selfishly she stayed hidden? She could have saved us all. She knew how to get to the red room. She has superhuman abilities, but she stayed hidden.

"Yelena, hear me out I was doing this for everyone's safety. I was already super deadly to begin with, but this took things to a new level. Dreykov having the widows already made him powerful enough I couldn't risk it. That's when I met Nat..."

I softened at the mention of her name.

"She found out about me from Tony Stark. I went to him for help, but we kept it a secret. She trained me to control myself as well as keep me hidden. She had a plan to bring down the redroom and I trusted her. I thought Dreykov was dead too for the longest. I was too young to go after the whole entire red room operation by myself."

"I get it." I told her softly sitting down next to her. I grabbed her wrist examining the bracelet with initials on it.

"What does it mean."

"It is my sister's name..."

She looked away as I opened my eyes. This is crazy I know that I haven't been here long, but aren't these basic things people know?

"One more question...why is it any time I'm close to you Ava seem mad?"

I got her to laugh with that question. She shook her head with a big smile on her face before answering my question.

"So basically Ava and I did somethings for awhile, but a little before you arrived I ended it. Things didn't feel right. She was falling in love with me and I had no feelings through any of it."

I nodded and processed.

"So to answer your question more clearly she's mad at me and probably jealous of you."

Great coming in with targets on my back without even trying. Why am I so good at that? I couldn't let that bother me. I got the more important information that I needed. I knew all about her redroom experience and her connection to Natasha now that's what I came for.