.XVI.

Just as I was about to drift asleep I heard my door open slowly. "Hey, can I come lay down?"

"Yea." I yawned as I wiped my eyes and sat up a bit. She quietly closed the door behind her and slipped into my bed.

"How are you holding up? I know today was a lot and I know you were told a lot...I'm sorry you heard all of that and it wasn't from me."

"Blaze, it's fine. You've probably been through enough today don't worry about me right now." I pulled her into me and she rest her head on my chest.

"Thanks Yelena." She adjusted her head a bit snuggling into me more and raising her leg to wrap around mine.

I felt so at ease. No matter what all happened today we were both so relaxed now. One of us more relaxed I take it as she quietly slept on my shoulder. I smiled looking down at her breathing lightly against me.

Could she possibly make me the happiest I ever been? Not that it's entirely too hard I suppose. I have had important parts of my life that I guess you could call happy, but back to the childness innocence...could anything be that level of happiness?

Was Nat ever happy with her life?

I shook the thought away. I don't even know what happiness truly is. I'll wait to see what I feel as this situation progresses. What if I break her heart like Kate and Alex did?

What if she loses me on a mission?

What if she messes things up?

How easy would I forgive her for hurting me?

God, I just need to sleep this off. I sighed holding onto her and trying to think of the good moments we've shared so far to ease my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey sleepy head." I nudged Blaze after being awake awhile. She was usually up by this time, but with the day she had yesterday I couldn't bring myself to bother her.

"Hey...I'm sorry for falling asleep on you last night. I meant to leave after awhile-."

"Blaze...I'm glad you were here."

She glanced up at me with a small smile. A small shine in her eyes caught my attention. Somethings special about her mood intrigued me. I would expect her to be in a more uneasy state.

"Are you alright?"

"I think I will be. Alex and the rest of the team are staying. It will be an adjustment, but I promise everything will turn to be good. I really just hope that I can regrow my relationship with my older sister...I'm just afraid I'll lose that feeling."

"To live without hope is to cease to live."

"Fyodor Dostoevsky? You would quote a Russian novelist." She grinned as she sat up to sit next to me.

We both took turns flipping our eyes from the others lips then back up. This went on for a minute until she finally broke pulling me on top of her and pushing me in by the back of my neck.

"Mmm that's the way to wake up." She nodded and wrapped her hands under my thighs carrying me to kitchen and placing me on the counter. "I am going to make you breakfast. You are going to sit there and look pretty."

"Yes ma'am." I smirked as she pulled the bread out of the pantry and the eggs out of the fridge. "Be my kitchen dj?" She walked over with a phone and I nodded.

"I have an amazing music taste I will not let you down." She nodded while breaking open the eggs.

"I hope you you like french toast."

"And I hope you like Magic in the Hamptons."

I hopped off the counter dancing a little to the music as she giggled. She threw me a wisk to use as a fake microphone as I jammed out. I was about half way through the song when I realized she had stopped cooking and just leaned against the counter to watch me sing.

"I like seeing you smile..." I melted at her words and walked closer. "Same here B."

We stood there for a few moments just staring into eachothers eyes. This is what having someone special felt like. This is happiness?

"I'm gonna finish breakfast; get the next song ready?" I nodded taking a quick glance around before pecking her lips.

"I'm thinking Adore You by Harry Styles?" Blaze nodded as she continued making our french toast.

We only got a few more moments alone before we were joined by Cara and Kaia.

"Good morning." Kaia smiled sleepily as Cara stood behind her chair wrapping her arms around her shoulders whilst resting her head near her neck.

"Wanna make us some?" Cara asked Blaze and she smiled. "I don't think it'll be too hard."

"Ahh yes! I'm not sure I could tell you the last time B was in the kitchen cooking...and to music. What's gotten into you?"

"Slept good? Woke up in a good mood and I need everything to keep me afloat while I readjusted to satan and her bride moving back in."

I sighed shaking my head. I didn't want her to call her sister that. She looked over at me confused and bit the inside of her mouth. She stayed silent for awhile as we all jammed out to music. Anna and Eva walked in asking for some breakfast too. They had the same reaction, shocked to see Blaze cooking.

We listened to some upbeat happy songs when I purposely played one.

"Am I throwing you off?"

"Nope." Blaze rolled her eyes with a giant grin on her face. "Didn't think so." I scrunched my nose and slid close to her.

'How you doing, young lady?
The feeling that you're giving really drives me crazy
You don't have a player 'bout to choke
I was at a loss of words first time that we spoke...'

"You're so dumb." Blaze laughed out as we all sang the music. I often had to catch myself remembering we weren't the only ones in the room.

'Promiscuous girl, wherever you are
I'm all alone and it's you that I want
Promiscuous boy, you already know
That I'm all yours, what you waiting for?
Promiscuous girl, you're teasing me
You know what I want, and I got what you need
Promiscuous boy, let's get to the point
'Cause we're on a roll, you ready?'

"Alright orders up!" Blaze placed everyone's food down in front of them and grabbed syrup from the cabinet.

"God B I don't know what's gotten into you, but keep it around I need your cooking back."

"I'm pretty sure y'all can thank me for her cooking today." Blaze gasped beside me and shook her head. "Maybe just maybe I was in the mood to cook unrelated to you." She stuck out her tongue and took off running around the center counter to stay away from me.

I finally caught her throwing my arms around her body and lifting her up to spin her in a circle. Both of us giggling and settling down to catch the whole room watching us with smiles.

"What? Don't look at us like that. Yelena and I might be two trained super spys, but we're still human."

"That's not what we were thinking but okay."

Blaze furrowed her eyebrows as I exchanged a smile with everyone. They already know Blaze, but she's too unfamiliar with these types of situations to realize that.

"Hey, can we talk today?" Everyone's energy dropped once Alex and Kate walked in looking at Blaze with looks of mixed emotions.

They didn't deserve to talk to her after what they did.