.XXI.

"Where are we going?" I sat down next to Kate as I waited nervously for answers.

"Shield. They have Alex and they must know where Blaze is being held." I nodded and placed my head back in my hands. How can I not blame myself for this? Alex left to go get Blaze after I upset her. This really is all my fault.

Why did I have to be so stubborn? If anyone should help me it was Blaze. She was a widow, an even more special one than me maybe. I should have trusted her, but I pushed her away like a dumbass.

"This isn't your fault." Mh came and sat in front of me and I shook my head. She really thought she could make me believe that?

"Yeah, okay."

"I'm being serious Belova. Blaze was bound to explode soon enough. Kate and Alex being back; the pressure of a new relationship weighing in on her; the new bounty on her..."

"I'm sorry what?!" My head shot up and Mh bit her bottom lip. She gave me a small nod and waved over Tabitha. "Wanna tell her about the bounty?"

"Why? How is that smart to talk about right now? It's Blaze we're talking about she probably killed every person coming after her. I mean Yelena apparently saw it first hand in Paris! There was literally a marksmen outside the ball trying to capture her."

"I took them down though..." I quirked my head and they looked at me confused.

I've been on bounty missions before. They always went my way. They might have gotten away once, but we always get them eventually. To think now that happened to Blaze.

"So why is it that people are hunting Blaze? Isn't she know for being good, but at the same time I didn't think this squad was known about, so?"

"Blaze has been working with homeland quite frequently these past few weeks leading up to your arrival...I'm not sure what she did on those missions, but I know one thing. The underground became aware of her and they also discovered that she's been mutated, which is really bad." Tabitha looked away uneasy and I realized why.

"Someone plans on using her like Hydra did with the Winter Soldier..." Mh spit out and I shook my head.

"She's about to become someone's more advanced Task Master." I groaned knowing that I caused this. I should have been with her. I could have protected her. She would still be here.

"You guys...shield just got an alert about an unknown superhuman attacking a military safe...do you think it was her?" Lena played a video on the screen and I sighed along with Kate. We could tell that it was her.

"How was Alex hurt though?" I turned to Kate confused and she frowned. "They hurt her to get to Blaze. Of course Blaze switched places to get Alex free...she might hate her sometimes, but at the end of the day they're sisters."

I closed my eyes saying a quick prayer that she was okay. Why would she rob a place for this group? Wouldn't she use that for her chance to escape?

Oh shit.

She's not in control of her self right now...

"Do we know anything about the group that took Blaze?!" I rushed over to the computer and read the file the Fury sent over.

"Not really why?" Kate looked at me confused and I replayed the video.

"She's being mind controlled....shit. She was caught by someone who worked with Dreykov...he mastered mind control. Nobody else had the control he had over the widows. Not even Hydra's work with Bucky was as effective as his."

"Wait so if she's under someone's control-."

"Oh shit. We're all next." Kate looked at me and I felt my chest begin to turn. It hurt so bad to know she was back in that trap. She escaped because they thought she was a failure, but she told me she would be unstoppable if someone ever got control of her. Well rather they would be unstoppable with the power of controlling her.

"Now isn't the best time to keep things to yourself Yelena." Kate pulled me away and looked at me concerned. "I'm well aware that you have not heard the best things about me so far-."

"She loved you. You loved her. That doesn't ever completely dissapear. This isn't going to end well. You saw in DC what happened to me. You saw my no mercy mode. That's not Blaze anymore...we don't get to treat her as a friend at the moment she's the enemy until we can get her back, that goes for dead or alive."

Kate stood there stunned. She was weak. Decisions must be made in hard times even if the outcome hurts.

"You would let her die?" Octavia sat down next to me and I sighed. I wanted to do what's right.

"If we must."

"You are already convinced we will."

"She's dangerous. She will kill everyone in her path and not be stopped. You don't know what it's like to be controlled like that. She is not Blaze as long as they control her Blaze is already dead as we know her. There's no point in sacrificing ourselves if she can't be saved."

I love you.

Was I really going to be able to do it?

Did I have it in me to kill someone I'm in love with. I never got to tell her because I got scared, but I'm in love with her. I'm so so so in love with her. All I can do is smile when around her.

My chest hurt earlier thinking about her. What even is that? My emotional feelings turned physical for her unlike anybody else.

"We're landing." I looked up and saw Kate's eyes glued to me. "What?"

"I can't let you kill her....I'll let the world end before I let you hurt her."

"Focus on Alex. Blaze is mine to worry about."

"YELENA THAT'S NOT FAIR YOU CAN'T KILL HER!" Everyone went silent. Kate caught the whole teams attention with that. It's obvious that's what she wanted though.

"With Blaze being gone, Yelena is out stand in leader. What she says goes, simple." Octavia walked out as we landed and went straight to Fury to talk.