XXXVII

Yelena's POV

I watched from a distance as Blaze patched up some of Kate's wounds. She placed some ointment on her face then she just stopped and looked at her as she gently connected their lips.

"So what happened there?" Natasha came up next to me with her arms crossed.

"Her and Kate Bishop?" I looked at her confused. I figured she would ask Clint about Kate not me. She just walked back over to me as she finished conversation with him.

"No silly. I'm asking about what happened between you and Blaze. I mean the two of you made it pretty obvious that you experienced something so tell me about it." I chuckled and shook my head thinking about how I was suppose to explain this to Nat.

"Well I don't see the importance of this anymore. I mean it doesn't affect our missions." She chuckled and shook her head a bit.

"Yelena. I do not care about the success rates of your mission. I am asking you as your sister what happened between you and Blaze. I missed these past few years with you. Let me catch up." She squeezed my hand as I looked back over at the two girls.

"Well...let's go back to the day I met her."

~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~
"Why is it that I haven't caught your name?"

She stopped walking and turned around with a small grin. "Why is it that you need my name when I have yours?" Yelena Belova. That's who I am, but who is she?

"Just call me B."

"What I can't even get your real name out of you?"

"Who said anybody does." I quirked an eyebrow at her and she twirled a set of keys around her finger.

"Let's go for a ride."

"If I get your actual name." I smirked and she took a few steps closer to me as she was now only a foot back. "Why are you so interested in me. I get you information on everyone else, yet you're worried about me."

I felt bold. I had to be. I slightly tilted my head moving a step closer and looking her in the eyes.

"Your name or I'm leaving."

Her eyes flicked back and forth trying to read my reactions and behavior to her silence and she leaned forward and down with her lips lightly brushing my ear. "Blaze Brielle."

~~~~~Back to the Present~~~~~

"It was so attractive-Hell Natasha I did not even know what it was like to be attracted to someone. Hannah explained it to me."

"God she's such a fucking fuckboy type. You really fell for that move?" Natasha asked me laughing her ass off. I did though and maybe I still have feelings for her but I can't act upon those right now.

"I know it's going to be hard letting go. Once you get past that one part everything will be much easier." She gave my shoulder a small squeeze but I'm not sure what she meant by that. What exactly is that one part?

"So how will I know I've moved on?"

"You'll know. I promise. Now should we talk about DC?" I groaned. I was hoping she wouldn't know about that little incident. I know I lost all control but I didn't see why any of that was still relevant.

"I know you don't think it matters anymore but it does Yelena."

"Dreykov's no mercy mode really likes to still shine its way through...Blaze was pretty concerned and we haven't had time to address things. I know Blaze was in the Widow academy so I've been thinking about her helping me work things out but you are back now...will you help me?"

"Always Yelena. I still despise the two of you for hooking up...are we talking about like sex or...like make out session-honestly I'm not sure I want to hear the stories of you topping Blaze."

"What does that mean?" I looked at her confused and she laughed. I was a robot for years you would think she'd give me a break.

"Top or bottom like who's in control in bed. Who makes the moves. Like you fucked her first-oh my god my little sister is a bottom?" Natasha's hand flew up to her mouth shocked.

"That doesn't sound right..." Kate walked by with a confused look. She stopped for a moment before shaking her head and continuing onward.

"I'll talk to her about that later." Natasha smirked watching the Bishop girl walk away.

"So which one was it for you? I know it wasn't Clint. I mean he has a family and you were best friends-."

"Banner. It was Bruce, Yelena. It's not easy to find love in this...lifestyle, line of work, whatever you would like to call it. I would have liked things to work out better than it had but the world turned crazy and our relationships don't really work well unless they are established-I'm not sure what I'm saying here..." Natasha rambled on looking across the jet with a saddened look.

God is that what's going to happen to me? I already experienced first hand with Blaze. Timing was not on our side. It all just felt so right until everything went so wrong.

"I don't want you to be afraid to have feelings for anyone Yelena. I just want you to understand the risk. Not everyone makes it out alive when you deal with the things we do. Just understand and you'll be fine. You know I'll be here now. Nothing can pull me away this time."

"When you jumped..." I took a second to gather my thoughts. "I'm jumped to bring you back Yelena. Anything to protect you, Yelena."

I heard her voice crack and pulled her into a tight hug. I can't lose her again. I have to keep her this time. I got this second chance and I plan on keeping it.

"Yelena if you don't mind I'd like to have a moment with her. Natasha I'd like to properly introduce you to Kate Bishop." I smiled squeezing Kate's shoulder as I walked away.

"How does it feel?" Sam and Bucky walked up to me with a small smile. I wasn't sure what they were referring to honestly. It was such a vague statement. How does what feel? Winning in a multiversal fight?

"Yelena, how does it feel to have Natasha back? You know after returning all of the stones he stayed. Steve stayed to have the time back that he didn't get with her. I just wonder how it feels to maybe get that happy ending?"

"I'm not sure this is our ending...but I will enjoy this new beginning." I told him looking around at our new generation.

Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch

Eva Cudmore, the queen of swords and knives

Octavia Blake, the assassin

Tabitha Galavan, the sniper

Madison Beer, the informant

Ava Sage, the driver

Hannah Compton, the strategist

Cara Delevingne, the manipulator

Kaia Gerber, the communicator

Anna Shumate, the tech geek

Ag McDaniels, the muscle

Clarke Griffin, the rationalist

Eliza Gonzalez, the weaponry

Gigi Hadid, the instructor

Lena Luthor, the scientist

Mh Weisman, the jack of all trades

Me, the white widow

Kate Bishop, the archer

And finally,

The most important of all.

The original leader of them all. The girl who brought this all together.

Blaze Brielle, ex widow and living power stone

Now all there is to live. We are ready for whatever comes our way with or without the original six. It's our time now.

Kate, Blaze, and I needed to lead this future team. Something tells me Nick and Natasha were getting us ready for just that.