XXVIII

Yelena's POV

I can't believe he wants us to do this. I already had to relive basically killing her once before in front of Alex. I can't believe I never put two and two together. I remember that mission I just don't remember them.

To think I met her so long ago.

I groaned punching the wall before leaving my dorm and going to find Fury. I still have questions. How did he not feel the need to tell me that I was the original hit on Carter Brielle.

"FURY." He whipped around to see who had the nerve to say his voice like that. This situation was pretty much bullshit.

"Yelena?" He looked at me appalled.

"Why didn't you tell me? Look I understand the current mission you want Barnes and I for, but a little bit of a fucking warning was fucking necessary. Don't you think?"

"No. I don't which is why I did not give one. You are a soldier, Ms. Belova-."

"I am not some brain wiped tool anymore Fury! What the hell? I don't understand why this is becoming my problem?"

"Because I hired Dreykov or whoever I thought he was to destroy those three in 2016 and you failed then and since you are the only one alive that I know was apart of that project I know that you can come back and get the job done this time."

I sighed leaving his office. I need to talk to Bucky. I knocked on his door before pushing it open. He stood in front of his desk confused as I walked into the room uninvited.

"I need your advice!"

"A little agressive, but alright. Let's talk." He looked at me calmly and I took a deep breath.

"Fury wanted all of the Brielle sisters dead in 2016 and apparently I was supposed to get the job done. So what exactly should I do? Like do I go after Carter like Fury wants me to? By the way you're in this too that's why I'm coming to you about this."

"What's holding you back from doing so right now?"

"Umm I don't want to kill Blaze's sister! Is that not obvious and reasons to kill her is that she's an extremely big threat...I think. Shit I don't even know who she is."

"You know they were trying to kill me at one point."

"Oh..." I paused hearing this maybe I could be dumb for trying to take her out.

"I was a threatt though. Tony Stark did not have all of the facts. It basically started an Avengers Civil War. We do though Yelena. Carter Brielle is dangerous. I hate to say it and it hurts to come out. It is the truth though. You're going to have to do this and it is going to really suck. It might even put us at a bad position with Blaze and Alex, but it's the right decision. I'm hope that's what you needed to hear."

"Yeah, it was."

I walked out of his room silently and decided to just take a few laps. I haven't even know Blaze that long. I probably only liked her since she was my last tie to Nat. Maybe if I didn't meet her when I did there would be absolutely no feelings towards her.

But that wasn't the case. I really missed her right now. I missed her small smiles that she constantly tried to hide. I missed the fact that she was so gentle yet such a strong willed person. She had her shit together and I don't.

I am falling in love with someone one moments and contemplating killing their sister the next. If I didn't have feeling for her I would have never thought twice about completing this mission Fury wants me to go on, but this is all so new to me.

"How are you holding up?" Hannah came and sat down next to me. She was the first team member that I actually got to know or meet.

"Extremely conflicted."