roles reversed part 1 [stucky]

Buckys pov
1943

steve and i joined the army. i tried to stop him, i really did but steve would not be put off. we went to the same base and met a man called Erskine. He talked about his project. project rebirth. and how they were looking for two volunteers to be the first of a new breed of super soldier.

of course me and steve got chosen. im a good soldier and steve is a good man.

today is the day that will change history forever. we stand outside a small shop and lock eyes, take a deep breath and nod. his hand brushes against mine and i blush a little and my smile grows. we walk into the shop and through the back into a large room, filled with nurses, scientists, soldiers, news and Dr Erskine.

we walk over and remove out shirts then lay in these metal beds. everyone spectating goes and sits in a room with a big glass window. the nurses give us each a shot of penecilin then big clamps lock onto our arms. i flinch as i feel large spikes pierce my skin.

the metal closes around us and moves vertical so we're standing up. i hear howard stark "10%, 20%, 40%, 60%!"

i grunt as i feel my muscles expanding. i hear steve scream. steve! i grunt louder.

peggy comes running out "stop howard! turn it off!"

"DONT! I CAN DO THIS!" steve screams again.

"Bucky?"

"KEEP GOING!" i shout through gritted teeth.

"70%, 90%!"he shouts and i see some flickering through the small window. "WE ARE AT 100% POWER!"

i hear sparks and the machine powers down. both of our metal beds open. i stumble out and look across to steve. wow. he looks hot.

i look down at my body and wow. it worked. it actually worked!

i stumble and lean against a nurse. steve smiles at me and i blush. i see Erskine freeze and look at a news reporter. he pulls put a lighter, flicks it open and the glass room bursts into flames. he pulls out a gun, shoots dr erskine multiple times and grabs the last vile of serum.

he runs for the door, but peggy pulls out her gun and shoots him in the arm. he slows down and she shoots him again. this time in the head. he falls to the floor, dropping the only vile of the serum. it smashes against the ground.

steve and i run over to erskine. "you two will change the world" he smiles and then his body goes limp.

1945

i grab my shield and stand in front of steve to protect him. a hydra soldier stands up and points his gun at us. he shoots and i get flung into the wall of the train. steve gets flung out of the hole in the other side of the train.

i throw my shield at the soldier and knock him clean out. i run over to the hole and see steve, hanging on for his life.

"i love you" he whispers as i reach for him as far as i can. the handle breaks and he falls. "BUCKYYYYYY!"

"STEVE!" i shout after him "i love you" i whisper back through my tears.

hes gone. steves really gone. i couldnt save him but i will avenge him.

2012

its been a year since i woke up from the ice. i miss steve. im not used to anything yet.

i punch the punching bag and get a flash back of steve falling off the train. i punch it harder and it flies off the chain.

fury walks into the gym "cap"