origin [spiderwitch]

requested by sav_and_the_phantoms

I'll be changing the timeline slightly so that it fits their ages and mixing different universes. Peter and wanda are both 19. Also Peter's life isnt great in this so just prepare yourself.

Peters pov

My dad and the rest of the avengers just got back to the tower from a really long mission. but theres someone new. a girl. shes the most beautiful girl ive ever seen but her eyes are dull. she just looks so broken, like she has nothing left. I know how that feels.

I say hi to everyone and grab a snack from the kitchen, watching thoughtfully as the girl follows clint to one of the spare rooms.

"who's that?"

"Her name's Wanda Maximoff. She's one of the powered twins we were tracking with Ultron. Her brother died in battle." Dad comes over and puts his arm round me, stealing some of my pretzels.

—————————————

It's been months and i've barely seen Wanda. Occasionally she'll come out of her room for food, but most of the time one of the team takes her some leftovers. I don't really know her, but when i see her it makes my day.

"Hey kid," Dad sits down on the sofa along with Steve and Clint. I look up from my book and give them a smile. "you know that we've been trying to get Wanda to open up and talk to us right?" i nod.

"It's no use. she wont talk to any of us." Steve adds.

"We thought maybe you could try?" Dad smiles softly. "Maybe you could sympathise? You have a lot in common."

"Of course I'll try." i hug Dad, trying to hide my sadness of thinking about aunt may.

"Great!" Dad stands up, holding his hand out towards Wanda's room. "Whenever youre ready."

—————————————

It took me a while to get the courage up to talk to Wanda. It's a sensitive subject for me, and I'm guessing it is for her too. But here I am, standing outside her door. I hesitate slightly but then after a small internal battle, I knock. I hear a timid 'come in' from the other side of the wood and push the door open enough for me to squeeze through, pushing it closed behind me.

"Hi..." i whisper, fiddling with my hands, looking down.

"Hey. You're uh you're Peter right? Tony's kid?"

I nod as i hear her sit up in her bed and sniff slightly. She pats the end of her bed, signalling me to sit down. I awkwardly perch on the edge of the mattress.

"I thought maybe we could talk? I have some idea of what you're going through." I finally look up and see the beautiful girl again. She looks me straight in the eyes. Her eyes are gorgeous but theyre filled with so much pain. They're red and tired but she smiles nonetheless.

"I um... I don't want to sound rude but what idea could you possibly have of what I'm going through." She slumps back in her bed. "You have all this and I have nothing."

"Trust me. I understand better than most. I didnt always have them." I feel my throat get slightly scratchy at the thought but push forwards anyway. Wanda sits up slightly, wiping a tear from her eye and looking towards me, intrigued.

"Well when I was about 6, my parents died in a plane crash and my aunt and uncle took me in. When I was 9, my best friend Harry moved away and I haven't seen him since. When I was 12, my uncle Ben was shot right in front of me and died in my arms. When I was 15, my girlfriend Gwen died and it was basically my fault and when I was 16 my aunt may died and that was basically my fault too. I lost everyone in my life. I had no one. I lived on the streets for a year and a half until I met Tony. He took me in and officially adopted me around a year ago. So yeah, I know some of what it's like to lose people." I didn't even realise until I'd stopped rambling that I was crying. Full ugly crying, sobbing tears and pretty much shouting this all at wanda, who now had more tears rolling down her face too.

She leans towards me and pulls me into a tight, understanding hug.

"Im sorry-" she sobs with me, her voice breaking. "Im so sorry..." she trails off, not really sure what to say.

"no it's okay. because now i have this family... and so do you." i give her a weak smile and wrap my arm around her shoulder.  she buries her head into the crook of my neck, still lightly sobbing.

"thank you" she whispers. i just nod, pulling her in closer.

"maybe you could tell me about your brother? pietro was it?"

she nods and sits forward slightly "erm yeh so there was this one halloween when we were younger where our parents... uh they dressed us up as" she laughs quietly and wipes her nose on her sleeve. "i was a bug and peitro was a pirate. i remember this old lady gave us a fish and told us it was to share." Although there were still thick treams of tear running down Wanda's face, now she had a large smile too. "We used to watch sitcoms together all the time. we were always really close. Even through the bad times in hydra, he would still joke and wouldn't let me forget that he was 12 minutes older. i miss him. he would always protect me." I noticed that her accent was slightly thicker as she talked about her family and her past.

I felt myself subconsciously looking at her lips. my eyes flicked between meeting her eye contact and her lips and i felt myself wanting to kiss her. Before i even knew what happened though, Wanda had pulled me in.

It was soft and sweet. Caring. Something we had both needed for too long and now finally had. Someone to love but without the constant worry of losing them.

—————————————
1028 words

A/N - I hate this but i havent posted in ages and i feel bad so here ig. Sorry that i probably wont be active again for about a month. I have my gcses this month (big exams) and i will be focusing on them obviously. ill try to write if i have any spare time but it may be a while. my last exam is june 23rd