Chapter 6 - Hello Mr. Mischievous Hughes

CLARE'S POV:

As we arrive back at East City, I quickly jump off the train. At last! I sprint towards headquarters wanting to get this talk with Mustang done and over with.

Ed: CLARE WAIT UP!

Me: Catch me if you can.

I smirk and continued sprinting towards headquarters, but suddenly Ed catches up and tackles me to the ground.

Me: Hey what was that for?

Ed: We need to stay together okay? Al is still trying to catch up.

Me: Sorry, I just want to quickly report to Mustang so I can play my guitar.

Ed: Guitar?

Me: Mmhm.

I smile to myself as Al finally approaches us.

Me: Took you long enough slow poke.

I wink as I take a head start.

Al: Oh come on.

I giggle continuing my way towards headquarters, with the boys close behind me. When we finally get to Mustang's office, Mustang just gets into his chair as we come in.

Mustang: So how did the mission result?

Ed: He was using a fake Philosophers Stone.

Mustang: That's a shame. Well you two may go do want you want for the time being. I'm still searching for a new mission for you two. You are both dismissed.

We both nod and left the room.

Me: Well I'm heading to my hotel room. If you need me I'll be there.

Ed: You sure?

Me: Mmhm.

Ed: Okay see you later then.

Al: Clare?

Me: Yeah Al?

Al: One day, can we hear you perform?

I start to blush a little.

Me: Sure.

I brightly smile as Al quickly catches up with Ed.

Al: Brother wait for me!

I soon enter my room and grabbed the guitar I made from the last time I was here. I quickly tuned it, since strings easily untune themselves and began singing along to one of the songs I wrote. When I was done singing it I smiled and pulled out a sheet of paper to write a new song that was flowing in my head. When I was done writing it, I noticed it's a little more depressing. I usually force myself to write happy songs, but this time. I guess it slipped by. I begin strumming the chords with my guitar and begin singing it.

********************************************
ED'S POV:

As me and Al were coming back from the library to research the stone, we happen to walk by Clare's room to hear her, singing?

Al: Didn't you know she sings?

Ed: No.. no I didn't. I knew about the guitar, but her voice?

I sat against the wall listening to her singing a depressing song? Why so depressing? But then it hit me, her parents... I look over to Al who's also listening in.

Al: I feel bad for her. What she went through...

Me: Yeah me too, but she stayed strong. I give her respect for that.

We both nod and get up.

Me: Come on Al.

I knock on her door as she finishes the song and she opens the door with a few tears flowing down her face.