Chapter 9 - The Dancing Child

CLARE'S POV:

A few days has passed by with constant reading from day to night. My brain is starting to become so numb I rather burn the books for amusement. So today I thought why not take a break and go hangout with Nina. As I finish reading the book I didn't finish yesterday, I put it away and sneak out of the library. Hopefully the boys didn't notice since they looked pretty glued to them. I walk down to the backyard to see Nina running around with Alexander the dog. They soon notice me approaching them and start running towards me. Alexander being Alexander knocks me into the ground, winding me out.

Me: Ouch...

Nine giggles and pulls Alexander off.

Me: Hey Nina, what are you up to?

Nina: Playing with Alexander, do you wanna come play with us?

Me: Sure why not.

I smile and tried to get up, but as I try, Alexander knocks me back down into the ground, giving me a big lick in the face.

Me: Ugh Alexander.

He barks happily and Nina giggles more as she chases after Alexander.

Nina: Alexander come here and give me a piggy back!

I smile as I watch the two run at each other for a bit. Right when Alexander was least expecting it, I jump onto him.

Me: AHA GOTCHA!

Alexander woofs in defeat and licks me and Nina in the face.

Nina: That was fun... Hey Big Sis?

Me: Yeah?

Nina: Can you use alchemy?

Me: Yup I sure can.

Nina: Can you show me?

Me: Sure.

I touch the ground and made her a flower crown.

Nina gasps and grabs it from my hands.

Nina: It's so pretty, thank you Big Sis.

She puts it on her head and dances around, but accidentally falls on her butt.

Me: Nina you okay?

I quickly walk to her and helped her up.

Nina: Yup I'm fine, is there anything else you can do with alchemy?

I nod.

Nina: What is it?

Me: You see that pile of wood over there.

She nods.

Can you help me bring some wood over here.

She happily nods and we both walk to the wood pile. When we get there I give her a little log while I carried a big one. As we returned to the middle of the backyard we put down the wood, and I take out the metals in my purse. Then with full focusing on elements within the items, I touch the ground and instantly created an acoustic guitar.

Nina gasps as I pass her the guitar with the guitar strings already on it.

Me: Nina can you hold it while I make the other two things?

She nods her head and I make three guitar picks with two of them a hole on top. Then quickly I engraved her name on the back of one of them like a dog tag, and put the two guitar picks on a necklace. Then I put the third one in my pocket.

Nina: Is that for me?

I nod and I put it around her neck.

Nina: It's amazing! Thank you big sister!