Chapter 21 - The Final Ingredient

CLARE'S POV

As a few days passed, me, Ed, and Al decided to relax and enjoy the time off. From exploring the city with the boys, to as I am now enjoying some alone time at the beach.

As I'm floating on my back breathing in the cool air, something suddenly grabs my leg making me freak out. I was about to scream until it put it's hand around my mouth. I turn around to see it's only Ed.

Me: Crap you scared the living shit out of me.

Ed: Aha sorry I couldn't help it.

He smirks and lets me float on my own.

Me: Isn't it a bad idea to swim in your automail?

Ed: Maybe, but it can't hurt swimming for a little bit.

I roll my eyes and floated on my back again.

Me: If you suddenly feel sick then get out okay?

He nods and attempts to float on his back beside me.

Me: Aha I guess I get the upper hand here.

I wink over at him making him laugh.

Ed: I guess you do.

He smirks while I look at the sky, seeing a group of birds flying by.

Me: I'm gonna miss this.

Ed: Miss what?

Me: These peaceful times.

Ed: Well we do have a job.

I nod, looking over to him.

Me: Well if we don't find any peaceful times until we get your bodies back then... I'll make sure when we finally do, it'll be the best day ever.

I smile and he smiles back.

I swim towards the shore with Ed close behind, and when I begin to stand up, I can feel Ed starring at me.

Me: Ed?

Shit... I totally forgot that he hasn't seen me showing off this much before... He can barely handle the outfit changes, although he has been getting better at that. I turn around to see his mouth open.

Me: Take a picture, it'll last longer.

I wink and I get on the shore to my towel. I dry my hair and then tied it around my body. I look over to Ed who still has his mouth open. I walk over to him and shut his mouth myself with my hand.

Me: Did you even hear me? Gosh, you'll catch flies if you keep that up.

He shakes his head snapping out of it and stands up showing his bare chest. I start to feel my heart beating faster, oh no not the butterflies again. I knew he was attractive, but now. Man I underestimated this boy, he not just plain attractive, he's gorgeous. Suddenly I snapped back into reality as Ed was snapping his fingers at my face.

Ed: Are you okay?

Me: Ye..ye.yea..yeah why do you ask?

Ed: You completely just froze in shock.

Me: Oh.. um... Don't worry about it. Nothing to concern yourself about.

I quickly grab his towel from the side and threw it at him.

Me: I'll see yeah after. I gotta go do some stuff before meeting Sheska.

Ed: I can come with you.

My face goes pink, but I ignore that fact.

Me: No..no it's fine. Trust me I can do it on my own.