Chapter 33 (Under Editing)

CLARE'S POV

As everyone settled down, Breda and Fu explain what really happened making Ed sigh with relief.

Me: Right when I think Mustang couldn't have a trick up his sleeve, he did.

I giggle making everyone laugh.

Ed: So what now? I mean she can't go back.

He looks to Ross.

Fu: As assigned by my lord, I'm escorting this woman to the East to take refuge.

Me: Ling?

Fu: Yes Ling. He made a deal with Barry the Chopper when the jail break happened.

Me: I see, so he's starting to give up.

Fu: Somewhat yes.

Me: Well even so.

I stand up.

Me: I still have to watch my back, I can never really know what he's thinking.

Ed nods and stands up beside me.

Me: But anyways is that why we're all here? To help aid her escape?

Breda: Correct.

Armstrong: I see.

Ed sits back down and rests his hand and arm on his head.

Ed: You gotta be joking? I still can't believe the Colonel was able to pull one over on us like this.

Breda: He knew it would be easier if he convinced you if you saw Lt. Ross.

Ed puts his hands up in defeat.

Ed: Fine I'll admit he actually knew what he was doing this time.

Breda: He mentioned something else.

Ed lowers his hands in surprise making me curious.

Me: What did he also say?

Breda: He said he didn't want to take a chance on some hot tempered kids indangering the operation, so he sent you two out here.

Me and Ed faces go red pissed.

Me & Ed: HOT TEMPRED KIDS!!!

Everyone ignores us.

Armstrong: You said a operation, is there a faze beyond liberating Lt. Ross?

Breda: Indeed, he's got a plan to reel in the puppeteer, the one that's behind the conspiracy.

I slowly begin to calm down but Ed however.

Ed: I WANT COSPIA... Wait what did you say?

I sigh.

Breda: You remember Barry from the fifth lab right, he went one hell of a rampage. They're bound to send someone to reclaim him.

Everyone starts talk leaving me and Ross behind on the coversation.

Ross: I have nothing to do with this, but yet here I am stuck in the middle of it.

I look over to Armstrong pulling out a sketchbook, finishing a drawing.

Ross: And I'm framed by a homunculi.

Armstrong then finishes, putting out five pieces of paper, with drawings of 3 homunculus, the Ouroboros tattoo, and a rough sketch of a human transmutation circle leaving me clueless.

Breda: We collected a fair amount of intelligence and once we properly piece it together, we'll have the General's killer.

Armstrong looks over to Ross.