Chapter 24 - Curse You Milk!

CLARE'S POV

I wake up remembering I fell asleep on Ed. I turn my head over to notice Ed is pretty much hugging me. Cute, but I wanna get up. Trying to get out of his embrace, I accidentally wake him up. How I know? Well, he pulled me closer with his one arm. Yeah definitely caught guilty.

Ed: Morning bed head.

Me: I do not have bed head.

Ed: You will when you get up.

He smirks while I sit up. He better not be right. I walk over to my bed, sitting back down.

Me: So I guess we should probably call Winry about your arm...

Ed suddenly looks scared at the thought. It pretty much was written all over his face.

Me: She can't be that mad... Can she?

Ed: You saw her last time didn't you? That was her only being slightly mean.

I gulp.

Me: Well then, there's more to her that meets the eye.

Ed: Mmhm you got that right.

Right when I was about to get up again because I felt like walking around, the doctor comes in again with her check board grinning.

Doctor: How was your sleep?

Me: Good.

Ed nods in agreement as the doctor takes a seat beside me with a smile.

Doctor: Well I have some good news. You're being released in four days. So in the mean time you can do as you please in this room. If you need to call someone, the phone is right down the hallway. As well, meals will be delivered here three times a day.

We both nod before the doctor leaves the room.

Me: Darn I was hoping she would release us tonight.

Ed: Why?

Me: Wanted to see how Hughes was doing.

Ed: Oh yeah Hughes. Haven't talked to him in a while have I?

I shake my head.

Me: Not since that supper.

I gulp remembering those comments Hughes said about me and Ed. And specifically "Well she'll make a good wife"... I shake away the thought and looked over at Ed.

Ed: Well then, I guess we should pay him a visit.

I nod. Suddenly Brosh, Ross, and Al walk into the room making me feel unsteady. How are Brosh and Ross gonna react about how we acted?... Ross walks over to Ed who's clueless to what she's about to do and BAM! She slaps him across the face, making the room echo.

Me: Ouch.

Ed rubs his face, looking kinda pissed.

Ed: WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

Ross fixes her glove on the hand she slapped Ed with and looks at him.

Ross: You need to stop being so reckless! We told you we should wait and get more information on the place. But you three decided not to wait and got yourselves all injured up! You have to trust us adults more often so that these things won't happen as easily.

Ed looks down on himself and sighs.

Ed: Sorry you two. We must have worried you both.

Ross: Worried us? MORE LIKE!

Brosh covers her mouth and helps her calm down.

Me: Ed's right. I'm sorry as well. I could've stopped Ed and Al, but I chose otherwise.