Chapter 30 (Under Editing)

CLARE'S POV

It's been a few days now and finally Ed has finished healing up.

Me: Ed how do you feel?

I sit across from his bed as he stretches out his damaged automail arm.

Ed: Much better, but sill a bit stiff.

Me: Well that's what happens when...

Ed inturpts me.

Ed: I let myself get beaten up, yeah yeah.

Me: Yeah yeah? You make it seem like it was no big deal.

Ed: They caught Greed right?

I nod.

Ed: Then it's no big deal.

I begin to grow furious as I hit him with a pillow.

Me: It is so! I understand why you did it, but...

Ed: But what?

I stop and squeezed my hand.

Me: You can't let yourself get beaten up this badly. You could've dodged him more instead of taking in all of his hits.

Ed: I thought at that point otherwise.

I sigh as I lean back on my chair throwing up my arms in defeat. Right after, Al walks in the room smiling as he holds train tickets.

Me: Guess we're going back?

Al: Yupp, we leave after breakfast. You ready brother?

Ed begins to get out of the bed and stretches his back.

Ed: Yeah about.

I then step out of the room to let him get changed while in the mean time I walk to Izumi's bedroom door to see her moving. She then turns around to see me and smiles.

Izumi: Hey Clare, is Ed up and moving?

Me: Yeah, he's just getting changed now.

Izumi: Oh yeah you're departing back to central today.

I nod.

Izumi: Can you do me a favour?

Me: Yeah sure anything.

Izumi: Keep a good eye on those boys. I can't always be there for them when they get themselves into trouble.

Me: Sure can. I've been trying to keep those boys as it is out of trouble, but so far...

Izumi: You just got a be more tough with them.

She punches her fist and smirks.

Me: My goal is to not scare them, no offense.

She sighs but nods.

Izumi: Well just try to keep them out of trouble okay?

I nod as she leaves the room. Before she gets to the end of the hallway she turns around to me.

Izumi: One more thing. Are you and Ed dating?

Me: WHAT NO!!!! NO NO NO NO NOT AT ALL!

My face goes deep deep red making her laugh.

Izumi: Well it seems like it, but if you ever do...

I gulp.

Izumi: I wish the best for you two.

She smiles and walks down the stairs making me sigh in relief. Oh thank goodness. I walk back to Ed's room to see him all dressed in his typical every day clothes and we make our downstairs to see our breakfasts all made. We quickly eat and said our goodbyes as we left torwards the train station. When our train arrives, we quickly cozy ourselves in a compartment as I attempt to take a nap without leaning on Ed. For once I did pass out but I quickly woke back up as the dream scared me awake. I was back at the phone booth with Hughes and as I was running to him, another person shoots him. He then collaspes making me run faster and faster but no matter how fast I ran, I couldn't get to him... I rub my head feeling sweat, well that's gross.