Chapter 16 - A Box Among the Sheep

ED'S POV

As I watched her fall asleep, all I could do is admire her. What she did for us... It was brave for her to do what she did, even knowing about her previous injury still not being fully healed yet. As I looked to her wounds covered in gauze, I can tell they finally stopped bleeding. Thank goodness. I look back to my wounds to see they're almost completely healed. As I return to see her face, the sun outside shines from behind making her glow. I swear as the suns brightened around her she couldn't be any more beautiful. I smile and closed my eyes, falling asleep with Clare's beauty on my mind.

************************************************************
CLARE'S POV

A few days have passed by and finally today we get to leave the hospital. Hopefully today or tomorrow morning we can begin our journey towards Resembool. I smile to myself as we left the hospital, stretching my arms up into the sky.

Me: AH AT LAST!

You look over to see Ed gleaming at Al's head while the rest of Al's body is at the hotel.

Me: How is that even possible that you can go on without your body?

Al: I'm not sure, but I can.

Me: Hmm okay.

We make our way to our rooms, parting ways to change into better clothes. I choose to wear a simple red lace tank top along with a black skirt, and my brown work boots in case I need material for a unexpected battle. Afterwards I quickly did my makeup since I probably looked like a zombie... Yikes! I look at the mirror to guess correctly. As soon as I done that, I leave out the room with my luggage bag packed for the trip. I take my first steps down the hallway to suddenly crash into someone, making me almost fall into the ground. I look around to see a young lady picking up a bunch of papers. I help her pick them up as she smiles brightly yet nervously.

Lady: Oh thank you very much. I'm so dearly sorry for crashing into you like that.

Me: Oh don't worry about it.

As she finished collecting the pages and grabbing the ones from me, we both stand up.

Me: So why such a rush?

Lady: Mustang insisted I get these papers to him pronto.

Me: I see. Tell him that I, Ed, and Al are heading to Resembool now.

Lady: Sure thing Ms. Musical Alchemist.

Me: You don't have to call me mam.

Lady: But you're higher ranked than I am.

Me: Just call me Clare, what's your name?

Lady: Brenda Hughes.

Me: Wait are you...

Brenda: Yes I'm related to him. He's my uncle.

Me: How nice.

Brenda: Yup well I gotta go, Mustang awaits.

Me: Alright see yeah Brenda.

She nods and waves as she runs away. I begin walking towards the boy's room to see them just leaving out the door.

Me: ED, AL!

They turn their heads to see me and smile.

Ed: Hey Clare! We were just about to head over to your place, what took you so long?

Me: A lady crashed into me, but don't worry about it.

Ed: You're healing up still, you should be glad the doctor let you out early. So I should be allowed to worry.