Chapter 10 - Was it Worth It?

CLARE'S POV:

On the ride home that night, all I could think about is Nina. Is she really going through what I did? And if so, how can I help her situation? As I try thinking more and more, Ed pats my shoulder.

Ed: You're thinking about Nina as well I'm guessing?

I nod and looked to my hands.

Me: I'm worried about her. I don't want her to suffer like I did. She's too young to feel that kind of pain I did.

And from that I stopped talking. It's too painful just thinking of someone as innocent as her going through the same situation as me. I curl my hand into a fist, being frustrated with her father. Suddenly a pair of hands grab my clenched hand. I know they're Ed's. He's just trying to comfort me... And are my hands that cold that his are heating mine up?.. Well okay then.

Ed: Try not to worry so much okay? We can only do what we can.

I nod still looking at our hands and quickly pull mine away blushing while he does the same.

Me: Yeah you're right, but...

I look to the window.

Me: I can't help it.

***************************************************
It's our second last day here at the Tucker's, so today I planned to make sure Nina would have a best day ever before we left tomorrow. As we entered the house, Nina jumped onto my leg while Alexander jumped onto Ed, almost bringing him down to the ground. Al however just stood there laughing at Ed.

Al: Ed you always seem to be the first Alexander goes at.

Ed: Hmm...

I smile at Ed being unamused.

Me: Aha no kidding. He's built quite a liking for you.

Ed: Yeah yeah... Come on Alexander let's go to the library.

Al: Wait for me brother!

They all go inside to the library while me and Nina stand outside for a moment.

Me: So Nina what do you want to do today?

Nina: Big sis, can you play that one song again?

Me: Which one?

The first one you played to me a few days ago?

Me: Sure, why not.

Nina: Oh I still have the guitar you made, I was hoping one day you could maybe teach me.

I rub her head as we walk inside.

Me: Haha sure I can.

Nina: Yay! Well I'll go get it. Be right back.

I nod and began waiting for her. When she returned she happily passed me the guitar and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the backyard. So making sure she's happy, I ran with her to the backyard and plopped onto the grass.

Nina: Okay play it!

Me: Whoa hold on Nina, I gotta tune it first.

Nina: Hehe sorry big sis, I forgot.

Me: Aha don't worry about it.

I quickly tune the strings and then I began playing the song. After playing this song almost 10 times for her, she pretty much learned all the words. So now she pretty much sings with me the whole song. When I was finished the song for the twelfth time, she smiled brightly and from the distance we heard Mr. Tucker yelling out to Nina.