Chapter 28 (Under Editing)

CLARE'S POV

I walk down the hallway of my apartment finally relaxed since Winry finally left with the boys to Dublith.

*FLASH BACK (2 HOURS AGO)*

Me: I guess this is good bye.

We stand at the train station as we see their train arrive.

Ed: We'll be back soon okay?

Al: Yeah and right before you know it we will be back.

Ed sighs.

Winry: It was nice seeing you again Clare.

Winry hugs me and gets on the train.

Winry: Come on Al!

Al waves at me and follows her into the train.

Me: You sure you're going to be alright?

Ed nods.

Ed: Shouldn't I be asking you that?

Me: Aha yeah you're probably right.

I look on the ground and Ed pulls me into a hug.

Ed: Stay safe.

I hug him back and smiled into his shoulder.

Me: You too.

He lightly pushes me back and smiles.

Ed: Don't worry, we'll be back before you know it.

Me: Okay...

He then runs into the train and sits at the window to see me. He waves at me and then soon the train starts moving leaving me behind... Al, Winry, Ed, be careful...

*FLASH BACK ENDS*

I then hear a knock on the door to see it's Uncle Hughes.

Hughes: Hey kid you ready?

I nod quickly and we make our way into his office.

Me: So where should we start first?

Hughes: Well I got some information in this little suitcase that I got from some people and the library.

I nod and we enter his office to begin. We investigate the problems in Liore, the fifth laboratory, and Ishaval civil war. After a few days of constant studying we find a connection. Hughes grabs a map and starts circling places.

Hughes: The ore, these endless uprisings, the philosophers stone, human sacrifices, and the out right genocide of the Ishvalan people. And this means... How could this even happen and how could they orchestrated something as terrible as this? We must tell the Führer as soon as possible. I can't believe they...

Suddenly out of no where this lady comes in closing the door, but wait... Didn't I see her from before somewhere, and then it hit me. She was with that boy from the fifth lab.

Me: You.

Lady: Well isn't that nice, you remembered me.

Me: What do you want?

Lady: Why rush?

She steps towards Hughes.

Me: Run Hughes run!

Before he could she stops him by stabbing his shirt into the wall.

Lady: Hello Lieutenant Colonel, it's nice to meet you. Well actually hello isn't really the word I'm looking for.

I quickly touch the ground knocking her down with my stone fist.

Me: Run Hughes, she won't hurt me.