Chapter 39 - A New Journey (Under Editing)

CLARE'S POV

I take a deep breath before exiting the train doors. So this is my new home. I look around to see snow everywhere. It's been a while since have seen snow.

*FLASH BACK*

Me: Momma what is this?

I touch the little white balls that are slowly decending to the ground.

Mom: Those are snowflakes honey.

My eyes sparkle as more fall down around me. I hear my mother giggle at the sight before her as I dance around in this stuff called snow.

Me: I wish we could stay longer momma.

My mom pulls me into a hug, feeling her warmth heat up my back.

Mom: I wish as well, but you know we can always come back.

I turn surprised.

Me: Really?!

My mother lighty chuckles.

Mom: Yes really, now lets get going before the train leaves us behind.

I nod with a lot of energy.

Me: Mmhm!

*END OF FLASH BACK*

Perhaps this is the place mother once brought me to for a job. I look around to see anything that would catch my memory, but sadly nothing appears recognizable. Hmpf oh well. I walk around until a guy in uniform approaches me.

Guy: Musical Alchemist?

I approach him to notice he's a Ishvalan. Well this is kinda surprising, but these days the government is full of surprises. I think back of what happened with the homunculi and the Fuhrer being one of them. Out of nowhere the soldier snaps his fingers in front of my face.

Guy: My name is Major Miles, and I'm here to bring you to the Major General.

I nod and followed him. Haha opps.

Me: Are you the Major General's personal adjutant?

Miles nods.

Miles: Yes and I've been serving her for a very long time.

He smiles a little to himself, probably not even realizing it. We stayed quite for a moment until I couldn't stand the silence.

Me: So where is this command centre?

He just pointed to the huge building in front of us. And if you look well enough ahead you can see the the boarder between Amestris and Drachma... Wait isn't there a war between both our countries?.. I gulp. Please don't send me into that.

Miles: Well are you coming or what?

I snap out of it again and headed inside the building.

Me: Where are my living quarters?

Miles: You'll be brought there after your little meeting with the Major General.

Me: Very well.

We soon approach a huge room I'm guessing is the shipping room. Within that room is a bunch of people scrambling around as a woman is giving out a bunch of orders.

Me: Is that?

Miles: Yes that's Major General Armstrong.

The woman ahead of us hears her name and turns to us. I salute to her and she quickly grows a smirk on her face. After giving another few orders, she approaches us and looks towards me.