Chapter 8 - An Unexpected Dog

AL'S POV:

This morning I decided to go out for the day and see how Hughes is doing since I think Ed needs to hangout with Clare... Alone. I lightly sigh. He always gets the girl, but oh well. Besides, both of them deserve to be happy in our twisted world of fate. I continue walking to Hughes office, but before I could Mustang stops me.

Mustang: Where's Ed and Clare?

Me: Don't know. I left the room earlier this morning so who knows what they're doing.

Mustang: I see, very well go along now.

I nod and made my way into Hughes' office.

Hughes: Al nice to see you. Where's Ed?

Me: Probably eating or sleeping.

Hughes: And that girl, Clare?

Me: Who knows.

Hughes: I see. So what brings you here?

Me: I was just wondering around and thought to come visit.

Hughes: How nice of you, but I'm about to leave. I have been given a assignment to take care of, so come back another time okay?

Me: Oh alright. See yeah around.

He waves at me and I make my way back out to the hotel room. As I about to enter, Ed flies into me.

Me: ED!

Ed: Haha sorry Al, didn't see you there.

Me: Why such a rush?

Ed: Mustang is looking for me and Clare... We're hiding from him.

Me: And why exactly?

Ed: I rather not go for another mission and besides.

He goes to my ear area of the helmet and attempts to whisper.

Ed: He gives me the creeps.

???: I give you the creeps now.

We both turn around to see Mustang giving us a gloomy pissed look, he abruptly grabs Ed by his shirt and drags him down the hallway and into his office. As we enter I see Clare tied up.

Clare: Did you really have to tie me up?

Mustang: Just a precaution. Don't want you to fist me in the gut again now would I?

She growls and instead Ed does it for her with his alchemy.

Mustang: Seems you've teamed up.

They both smirk and I mentally smile, finally knowing they're getting along really well. As if two weeks ago felt like just yesterday and how they hated each other. Mustang slowly makes his way to his seat and sits down looking at us three.

Mustang: The only reason I gathered you two today was that I want you to meet someone. I thought perhaps you can study off from him for a bit.

Ed: And who would that be?

Mustang: Shou Tucker, or better known as the "Sewing-Life Alchemist".

***************************************************

CLARE'S POV:

As we go into the vehicle to Shou Tucker's house, Al sits in the front with Mustang while me and Ed sit in the back.

Me: Mustang is there anything else we should know about Tucker before we arrive?

Mustang: I pretty much told you the basics you need to know. Anything else is for you to find out.