54

"You're not seriously going to go with him? Your place is here." I argued.

Abraham looked up at the sound of my voice and rolled his eyes. Upon discovering that he had basically given an ultimatum to our group, I wasn't going to keep quiet.

Maggie and Glenn belong with the group, not off trying to save the world. Regardless of what Rick promised, I didn't believe we'd find a cure in Washington. We've been down this road before.

I'm not going to allow them to waste their lives on a fool's errand.

"It's our call to make," Maggie took a deep breath, "we need them."

There's only six of the cannibals and more of us. The odds were in our favor. Even without Abraham and his bunch. We don't need them to win this fight.

I scowled. "Like hell we do. We've faced tougher odds."

Glenn sighed at my attempt at making them stay. Every person here has fought like hell to be reunited with the rest. After all that, they're just going to leave? After his great promise of protecting the twins?

"Yeah, and how many of us did we lose in the process?" He argued.

I clenched my jaw as I resisted the urge to yell at him. That was different. The prison was different. It wasn't fair to compare it to the situation now.

Glenn sighed. "We're doing this. For the group, for a future for those children. Your nagging won't change that."

I opened my mouth to protest but he had already walked off. It took everything in me to not chase after him and start another argument.

"They think they're in control. We're in here and they could be anywhere. But we know exactly where they are." Rick said.

I took a deep breath before heading towards the little group huddle and grabbing some ammunition from the bag. My knife wouldn't be of much use and I'd lost most of my throwing knives by now.

"Plan's got stones, I'll give you that." Abraham said.

It could almost be considered tragic how much experience we have in this department. Plans of attack have become a regular occurrence.

"Make our move before they do." Glenn explained.

Rick nodded. "That's right. They're not counting on us thinking straight."

"Are we?" Rosita asked.

The question hung heavy in the air. Rick looked at her with the coldness of a leader who didn't like to be questioned. Unfortunately, her question was a wise one.

I pointed at her. "Rosita's got a point. What if we're playing right into their hands? Perhaps it's smarter to wait."

Rick looked at me, almost surprised that I was agreeing with a newcomer. I surprised myself with it, too. I'm not a fan of them but Rosita seems the most reasonable.

"Remember what these people are capable of.

His words were directed at all of us. Yet his gaze burned into me the most. He didn't want me to have any doubts about what we were about to do.

Doubts could kill a person.

It's a good thing that I've never had problems with killing people. Most of them deserved it, anyway. There's a lot of them that I regret not killing.

"Tyreese." Rick called.

Tyreese didn't even look up. "Yeah?"

"You up for this?"