23

"Ugh, I hate the sun." I grumbled.

My eyes were closed as I leaned against the car. One bad sideffect of spending approximately seven months in the wilderness is the sun. It's relentless in its quest to kill me.

"You hate everything." Abby pointed out.

I opened one eye to see her tinkering with a watch. Ryan got it for her and she hasn't stopped trying to make it work since then. It was pointless, if you ask me. What was even the point of knowing the time anymore?

"Hey, that hurts." I complained.

Abby stopped tinkering with the watch and gave me a pointed look. Beth braided her hair yesterday and I could finally see her face. It was dirty and tired, but it also made me realize she was growing older by the day.

"I'm not saying it's not accurate." I said.

I raised my hands in defeat as Abby looked at Carl. He and a few others were holding watch as we stopped to think of a plan. Well, they were in charge of coming up with the plan. I liked the execution more than thinking.

That and it allowed me to be in the same room as Rick and not have to talk. We still talked, but it was about finding a place and keeping everyone safe. I avoided emotional talks with Rick or Daryl, for that matter.

Daryl and I still hook up, very often, but we haven't made it official. The group suspected something, I'm sure, but no one dared to comment. It was a good call. If anyone dared to say something, I'd break every bone in their body.

"Josephine, come on." I heard Daryl call.

I patted Abby's shoulder and passed Ryan. He smiled at me before going to Glenn. Those two were the weirdest friends ever. I came to Daryl and saw Rick was there as well. This isn't awkward or anything.

It's not like I've kissed both of them and neither of them know that I kissed the other. Oh my God, I sound like Lori. Nausea formed in me at the thought. At least I'm not hooking up with both of them.

Rick and I weren't a thing nor did we like each other, while I like Daryl and I have sex with him. I'm not leading them on. We're just three people stuck in a kind of crappy situation.

"What's the plan, Dixon? More owls?" I mocked.

He nudged me as I smirked. I watched as he led the way for Rick and I. We didn't talk during hunts for obvious reasons, but it still felt tense between us. That was probably just me because I felt guilty for not telling anyone about what happened.

We followed railway tracks until something caught my attention. A giant building surrounded by fences and watch towers spread out in front of us. Too bad it was overrun. The prison would've been an ironic yet good home.

"That's a shame." Daryl commented.

I hummed in agreement after observing it. Rick's expression caught my attention. It was as if he was looking at a goldmine. I furrowed my eyebrows before looking at the prison again. The chances of taking over it are low. Maybe not impossible, but definitely improbable.

"Maybe not." Rick replied.

------

Rick cut the fence as I held a machete in my hands. I couldn't use my gun and I gave my knife to Ryan so T-Dog got me a machete. A walker came closer and I stabbed it in the head. I pulled out the machete as Ryan took down another one.