29

"Would you look at that? The man of faith walks again." I commented.

Maggie and I stood side by side as we watched ahead. Hershel, Lori, Beth, Carl and Abby were in front of us helping Hershel walk with crutches.

Carol and T-Dog were behind us while the rest of the group was by the fence gathering wood.

For a moment, we all just stand there looking at each other. No one seemed to register how awkward the gaze actually was. Maggie doesn't say anything about my comment, but smiles at the sight of her father.

My attention was caught by Abby who nudged Carl. He smiled at her and I smirked. Those two would make the cutest couple ever. They're still too young, but hopefully in the future there'll be something there.

"Walkers! Look out!" Carl yelled.

My smirk fell at the sight of the walkers limping towards Abby and the others. I pulled out my gun and ran straight ahead. There's no way I'm letting my sister get hurt by these things.

I shot the walker closest to Abby and Hershel. She took out her knife and cleared a path for Hershel to walk. I shot at the walkers making sure none of them touched her. But my gun ran out of bullets and I swore under my breath.

Abby , Beth and Hershel were able to lock themselves in a gated area right in front of the door of the prison.

Ryan was in the field with Glenn so he's safe. A walker went in front of Lori and I quickly stabbed it before it could do any real damage.

"Go! That way!" I demanded.

I pushed her slightly in the direction Maggie was at. Carl grabbed my hand and we also made a run for it. We were able to enter the prison and I stayed behind Lori to make sure walkers wouldn't come from that direction and hurt her and the baby.

But as we reached a cell block, another dozen walkers swarmed at us. I stood in front of Lori and pushed away a walker with my leg. We ran through a door and Maggie closed the bars after us.

That will delay them, but only for a limited amount of time. We need to find a safe place to wait this out.

A loud alarm filled the prison as we walked through the corridors. I checked the rooms to make sure nothing was going to jump at us. We need to find a way back to the group and it needs to be somewhere safe.

Suddenly, Lori groaned in pain and used the wall for balance. I furrowed my eyebrows as Maggie went to her side and asked her if she was okay.

"Something's not right." Lori replied.

A frown formed on my face as I looked around. We can't stay in this hallway. We're too exposed, too vulnerable.

Two knives and a gun with barely any ammo won't be able to protect the four of us. Our best chance is to either find the others or to find a safe room and lock ourselves in.

"Were you bit?" Carl asked.

She couldn't have been, I was right behind her. No walker came anywhere near biting her.

From what I've seen, nobody was hurt or killed so far. Though we've been in here for a while now. Things could be hell out there for all we know.