21

"Josephine. You need to see this." Ryan called out.

I was just about to tell Abby to go to sleep. She was laying in my bed reading a book while Ryan was looking through the window. I went to his side recognizing the panic that his voice held. My eyes widened at the sight.

A giant herd of walkers was making its way to the house. I've never seen such a huge number of walkers in a herd before, not even on the road. This is really bad. The kind of bad which requires immediate evacuation.

"Pack your things, go to the nearest car and drive as fast as you can." I ordered.

We then heard the sound of cars outside. I looked outside once again, not believing they were going to leave us.

But all of them, including Daryl on his motorcycle were driving towards the walkers and started shooting them instead of trying to get run. I can't believe they're going to try and fight that.

"Ryan, Abby, Josephine." I heard Carol call us.

She came in with a few guns in her hands. I noticed the fear in her eyes even though she tried to hide it. Her eyes scanned the room before holding out the guns. I quickly took two and handed one to Ryan.

"Everyone's fighting the walkers, but Lori, Beth, Patricia and I are looking for Carl while Hershel defends the house." Carol explained.

I loaded the gun as Abby packed up our things. They can defend this place until they die and it still won't be enough.

The numbers are too overwhelming. I won't die for a lost cause nor will I let my family do that either.

"Ryan, keep Abby safe and stay close to a car. I'll be back in a few minutes." I explained.

Carol furrowed her eyebrows at the same time as Ryan. Me separating from my siblings comes as a shock to everyone.

But despite what I said, I can't just leave Daryl and the others behind. If there's a chance that I can convince them to leave, I'll take it.

"Where are you going? We won't leave you." Ryan protested.

I gripped his shoulder and gave him a stern look. Protecting our little sister has to be a priority. She's gotten better at taking care of herself, but she can't survive this on her own. The two of us can which is why it's our duty to protect her.

"I'm going to see if I can find and convince the others to leave this place before it's too late. I'll meet you back at the car." I reassured him.

I ran outside ignoring Ryan's calls, trying to see if I could find Daryl. However, an ugly surprise was waiting for me.

The walkers were closer to the house than expected and I could see Hershel shooting them as fast as he could. I raised my gun and did the same. There was just no use.

My eyes caught sight of Daryl's motorcycle in the distance, but it was hard to see considering how many walkers there were around.

I ran into the herd ignoring Hershel's warnings. I could barely hear him shouting that it was a suicide action. I shot at any walker that got too close.

There was no sign of Daryl nor his motorcycle yet I could've sworn I saw it. The other cars were swarmed and it was getting difficult to tell where they were.