40

"It's the only way. No one else knows."

I frowned at the revelation. Apparently the Governor asked for Michonne in exchange for some peace. Well, I wouldn't classify it as peace but the closest we'll get to it with him.

"You gonna tell 'em?" Daryl asked.

"Not till after. We have to do it today. It has to be quiet." Rick replied.

Of course it does. If anyone else found out about this, they'd be against it for obvious reasons. Their morals would get in the way of doing what needed to be done.

Hell, I like Michonne but if her death is what keeps my family safe? Then I'll deliver her to that asshole myself. If that's what it takes to protect us.

"Do you at least have a plan?" I inquired.

Daryl glanced at me and I kept my eyes on Rick. I'm afraid that if I even look at him, I'll make everything worse. This is the first time that we're in the same space since I broke it off.

"We tell her we need to talk. Away from the others." Rick explained.

Daryl looked at Hershel who looked away in shame. He seemed uncomfortable with this entire conversation.

The man of faith isn't exactly thrilled with the idea of handing someone over to their death.

"Just ain't us, man." Daryl said.

"No. No, it isn't." Hershel agreed.

He walked away and I sighed. That's one person less on our team. If I was consulted like this with the Randall thing last year, I would have jumped on the opportunity to get rid of him.

It's different with Michonne. She isn't a threat and she's an asset. Something tells me this deal with the Governor wouldn't even last long. So is it really worth it?

"We do this, we avoid a fight. No else dies." Rick stated.

Daryl agreed with Rick and I bit my lip. Out of everyone here, I can't believe I'm the one going with the not killing option. Rick looked at me before raising his eyebrows waiting for an opinion.

"It won't be enough. I've met the guy, he won't stop until we're gone. Giving him Michonne will only delay the inevitable." I argued.

My eyes connected with Daryl's. It felt natural to seek his approval and for a moment it felt like we both forgot about our talk.

He found himself nodding at my words before realizing what he was doing. Then he quickly looked away. It broke my heart to see that.

"You don't know that for sure. This deal might be what saves us." Rick said.

"Or it might be what kills us." I replied.

A sigh left his lips as I started walking away. I was done with this conversation. Rick knows I'd do whatever he asked of me, whether I agreed with it or not. I don't need to know the details.

I went back to the prison, but stopped at the door when I heard arguing. My sister's voice is one I'd recognize anywhere. I went closer and saw her speaking to Merle. My back leaned against a wall so they wouldn't see me.

"We could go, you and me. Start over somewhere else." Merle suggested.

I rolled my eyes trying to fight the urge to call him an asshole again. He deserved it though. That and a whole lot worse.

"How many times do I have to say no for you to understand? I'm not leaving my family for you. I already did that once and see where it got us." Dakota snapped.

Solitude -> The Walking Deadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें