20

"Jo, wait up." Rick called.

I stopped walking as Ryan and Abby looked at me expectantly. A sigh left my lips as I motioned for them to continue heading towards the house. They walked away as Rick came to me.

He took a box filled with our stuff from my hands, helping me carry it. It's been a day since Dale died. It shook the group quite a bit but we've been holding up rather well.

"Since when do you call me Jo?" I asked.

A small smile formed on his lips as we slowly went towards the house. He seemed amused by my question. I don't see why though. My name is Josephine, only my siblings call me Jo.

"Since you insist on calling me Ranger Rick." He retorted.

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I faced him. I was so proud of that nickname. The fact that it was coincidental yet accurate makes it even better. I never thought he'd try to give me one.

"Admit it, you love it when I call you that." I teased.

He cracked a smile shaking his head in amusement and looking away from me. He didn't confirm it but I knew. Then his face got more serious as he turned to me. Back to business, I suppose.

"I need you to keep an eye on Shane while I'm out with Daryl. He has a way of losing his temper at the wrong time. This way I'll know things are under control." He explained.

A frown formed on my face. Him not trusting Shane is a bad sign. Not that I blame him, Shane is a creep and a psycho. But they were best friends at some point. Them not getting along could have consequences on the group.

"Why are you telling me this? I'm not your second in command. Hell, I don't listen to what you say half the time. No offense." I replied.

His words sometimes went through one ear and out the other. Not that I don't listen to him, I just avoid boring details. If I were to listen to every speech he made, I would constantly fall asleep.

"You're right. You're my third in command." He stated.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as a smirk formed on his lips. He enjoyed the look on my face. Why is he telling me this? I'm not the leader type. I would leave them all for dead in case of a crisis.

"I don't follow the rules you make, Ranger Rick." I protested.

He gripped the box with my stuff tighter in his hands before walking away backwards. This is the first time I've seen him somewhat relaxed. It's all business usually.

"From now on, we make the rules." He replied.

-----

"The cuffs are still hooked. He must've slipped them." Rick stated.

I raised my eyebrows. My dad told me a few things about handcuffs and how to get out of them. But Randall doesn't have the skill or the guts to do so. Where would he go? How would he survive without supplies?

"That's not possible. Unless he broke his own thumbs which is unlikely." I commented.

He is a crybaby who was begging us not to kill him. There's no way he would do something like that. Even if he somehow knew how to do it, he still wouldn't. He was a coward, not a mastermind.